Winter Upgrade List

House

I am going to do some upgrading during the winter months. I want to run them by you all and see what you think

Plans is to add a cam,valve springs, lifters, headers, down pipe and turbo, and maybe some bigger injectors.

So far here's what I have decided on

cam kit with lifters, valve springs and timing chain
COMP Cams K69-248-4 - COMP Cams High Energy Cam and Lifter Kits - summitracing.com
I do not want to add a roller cam at this time

TURBO GT6157
FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Item Matrix Page
I am not sure what cover to get on this

Headers i am not sure on yet, only looked at a few brands so far this set is sticking out
Hooker Headers 1115HKR - Hooker Super Competition Headers - summitracing.com

DownPipe have no idea yet on that

I have 36lb Injectors now thinking about going to 42's
goal is to have a fun street car and to run mid 11's at track
Also have a FMIC sitting here to install

any help is appreciated!

I like the camshaft. ;) I love the turbo. ;) ;) IMO, I would not go anywhere near the Hooker headers. :eek: That was probably the single worst thing I ever tried on my car. They add tons of turbo lag, add weight to the car, don't fit right and are just plain designed wrong. My car picked up power after I took them off. Look at peoples sigs on this board and you'll be hard pressed to find people using these. Sorry for the rant and rave, I just don't want to see you make the same mistake I did. Oh, go with 60lb injectors too :)

subscribed, I like the cam choice. If you don't want a high dollar downpipe. I went with the gnpartsonline.com 3.5", it's a knock off but looks good, comes with a 3.5" dumppipe, good price and for me it fit perfect! x2 on the 60lber's

Headers from buickgn fit excellent.
If your not going roller stay with the stock Cam IMO

I have hooker mufflers and they rusted through, keep that in mind when you buy the headers. they look to be coated black also.

I would go with a smaller cam if your not going to port the heads. Go with a 206/206. +1 on the Hooker headers. Stay away from them. JMHO :)

I like the headers from buickgn along with there down pipe,

I plan on porting the heads later down the road after a gasket lets loose.

Also some one mentioned that it would be wise to get a BOV for the turbo too?

I would save your money on the cam and the headers.Instead i would get an alky system.Also with that turbo you will need a stall converter.I recomend a 3,200 9.5 inch if you are going with a journal bearing.

I would save your money on the cam and the headers.Instead i would get an alky system.Also with that turbo you will need a stall converter.I recomend a 3,200 9.5 inch if you are going with a journal bearing.

factory ones are starting to leak some, i am going Ball bearing, and i will not run alky, maybe a lil Nitrous is it

the BB turbo should work out nice. if i where in your shoes i would go alittle bigger just incase you want to go faster then your current plans. also as far as headers i would get the set nick micale @ arizonagn.com has. they are imop the best on the market at this time. also you can get a killer DP from nick as well that will match the the headers. if you upgrade your injectors do it right the first time and get the 60's so you wont have to upgrade again, or atleast for awhile

save and buy an alky kit from razor and stay away from nitrous. nitrous is just a primative power adder with no positive benefits. with alky you can leave it on all the time and never use it and when it does kick in you will get the positive benefits like a cooler safer charge, more power than 93 and sometimes racegas, plus it keeps your internals clean. plus it has all the early warnings of failure. nitrous does not have these.

save and buy an alky kit from razor and stay away from nitrous. nitrous is just a primative power adder with no positive benefits.

you can blow your motor just as fast with alky as you can with nitrous. you need to have knowledge on what poweradder you want to run. there is nothing wrong with either one if you use it correctly. to say nitrous is a primitive power adder with no positive benefits is just ridiculous IMOP

you can blow your motor just as fast with alky as you can with nitrous. you need to have knowledge on what poweradder you want to run. there is nothing wrong with either one if you use it correctly. to say nitrous is a primitive power adder with no positive benefits is just ridiculous IMOP

please enlighten me on a comparison on each and the benefits that nitrous has to a motor over alky. if you can give me a whole list i will gladly take mine off.

im just giving my .02 im not going to take this thread off topic. i have a razors alky kit on my car as well. im not bashing either just pointing out you cant go wrong with either but they both can cause serious damage to your motor if not used currently. nitrous will always produce more power.

im just giving my .02 im not going to take this thread off topic. i have a razors alky kit on my car as well. im not bashing either just pointing out you cant go wrong with either but they both can cause serious damage to your motor if not used currently. nitrous will always produce more power.

thats what i am getting at POWER thats all that nitrous will give you. any add on that you put on your car will destroy your motor. if you dont know what your doing.hell the wrong sparkplugs can do that. i am just trying to give this man the best bang for his buck. some people dont like alky because they dont know the facts about it.

thats what i am getting at POWER thats all that nitrous will give you. any add on that you put on your car will destroy your motor. if you dont know what your doing.hell the wrong sparkplugs can do that. i am just trying to give this man the best bang for his buck. some people dont like alky because they dont know the facts about it.

[off topc]

Okay Im gonna try and not take this post tooooo far of topic but.... There are so many buick owners who "dont know the facts about it" it and they dont like it for that very reason. Yes nitrous doesnt give as many warning signs BUT it does give sign's. Problem with the buick guys is alot of us are lazy (my self included) and we will not put in the work required to keep up with and tune a nitrous set up. Nitrous can REALLY wake one of these cars up..... dont knock it till you have try it.
Here are a couple pic's of the old intake I had on the street car :biggrin:

oldintakenitrous3.jpg

oldintakenitrous1.jpg

[back on topic]

If you are going to put injectors in the car go with 60s only way to go above stock unless your trying to make huge power. As for the cam IMO go with the proven 204/214 set up and please make sure if you upgrade the timing chain be careful for the powdered alumn. one's unless you want to be doing the motor soon. Headers ummm either shell out the $$$ for the TA's or just stick with stockers ( No real need for headers at your power lvl). While you have the car apart I would have the heads ported they make such a big difference in our cars its unreal. I would also look into sticking with a standard journal bearing turbo and go with a GOOD tq. converter such as the non lock up ptc. Do the above upgrades with a decent turbo and the car will have no problem running 10s with out a bottle.... add the bottle and watch out :eek:

hth

Lil update
I am about to tear into it
I got gathered a ta49, 42.5 Injs, Few Chips, Ported Plenum, FMIC
Plan on ordering a 3 inch Dp from GN1
Still Undecided on if need to throw a cam in it or not if so still leaning towards the summit one.

due to the cam kit being out of stock all summer
I think i am gona go with
Buick Turbo "Revolution X1" street cam
Latest tubo technology camshaft for use with newer high flow turbos. Specs:
Intake 206 @ .050 .446 lift
Exhaust 212 @ .050 .459 lift
110 L/S (installs at 110)
(lift with stock rockers)
Great street cam with stock or mild converter Stock idle and drivability

ht969 lifters
comp 980 sroings
comp 742 retainers
eldebrock timing chain
arp head bolts
and a kirbian 3 inch 2 piece Dp

To go along with the TA49, 42.5lbers, Ported plenum , and FMIC I have sitting here

Any updates on your build?? :confused:just want to know how it turned out.

due to the cam kit being out of stock all summer
I think i am gona go with
Buick Turbo "Revolution X1" street cam
Latest tubo technology camshaft for use with newer high flow turbos. Specs:
Intake 206 @ .050 .446 lift
Exhaust 212 @ .050 .459 lift
110 L/S (installs at 110)
(lift with stock rockers)
Great street cam with stock or mild converter Stock idle and drivability

ht969 lifters
comp 980 sroings
comp 742 retainers
eldebrock timing chain
arp head bolts
and a kirbian 3 inch 2 piece Dp

To go along with the TA49, 42.5lbers, Ported plenum , and FMIC I have sitting here