Winter Maintenance For Alky Pump

Turbo-Fun

Julio, My car will be getting tucked in for the next three months. Do I understand correctly that I should flush the alky pump and lines with distilled water?
I have about two gallons of Meth left over. Will the Meth be OK to use next year (March) or will it break down over the next three months?

Julio, My car will be getting tucked in for the next three months. Do I understand correctly that I should flush the alky pump and lines with distilled water?
I have about two gallons of Meth left over. Will the Meth be OK to use next year (March) or will it break down over the next three months?

The alcohol should be fine, if the cars is getting put away for months, flush the system out and run water through it. Unhook the hose, put the knob on 8, and run the system out, then put water in the tank and run that out.

Use a water/mix if storage temp goes below 32. We dont want water to freeze in the head of the pump.

I store my methanol indoors and off the ground in a sealed container. When it goes bad, you can tell as it turns brown in color from getting moisture.

Thats it. Not that you have too, but it certainly cant hurt to run the meth out.

Stabil in the gasoline, and top it off so your tank cant rust.

type meth

i buy my meth at Murrays in Orlando.I saw recently you called for a type of meth ?Do i need to worry about a particular kind of meth or is it all ok?
I use to run a lube Clontz but thought that wasn`t needed in your kit?

i buy my meth at Murrays in Orlando.I saw recently you called for a type of meth ?Do i need to worry about a particular kind of meth or is it all ok?
I use to run a lube Clontz but thought that wasn`t needed in your kit?

Run straight methanol. Any brand is ok. Do not add lubes/oil/petroleum to it.

When you had the in-tank style smc kit, those required using Klotz as a lube becuase the methanol was too dry for the EFI type pump. The diaphram pumps require no lube, and the oil can damage the pumps.

Jason, do you store your car during the winter? In the north our cars go into hybernation for three to four months.

The alcohol should be fine, if the cars is getting put away for months, flush the system out and run water through it. Unhook the hose, put the knob on 8, and run the system out, then put water in the tank and run that out.

Use a water/mix if storage temp goes below 32. We dont want water to freeze in the head of the pump.

I store my methanol indoors and off the ground in a sealed container. When it goes bad, you can tell as it turns brown in color from getting moisture.

Thats it. Not that you have too, but it certainly cant hurt to run the meth out.

Stabil in the gasoline, and top it off so your tank cant rust.

So what your saying as long as we have 100% alcohol we should be fine,then their should be no need to drain the system down?
Also then ,their will be no need to add any additives like fuel stablilizer or heet to the system.