window mechanism

three turbos

NUNLKME
Can someone tell me if was to change over to power windows from the crank style,does it use the the same internals other than the motor of course, but is it just a matter of removeing the crank part and mounting the electric motor to the original mechanical parts inside or is there more to it? I have access to the parts I need Im just trying to figure out what all is going to be italed ? I understand I will have to run the power etc... my concern is the regulater /track assembly if you will or am I looking at a whole new set up inside.Thanks

You will have to get regulators for power windows. you can leave the one vertical track, and a small track, 4 inch or so, that has 2 bolts and its kinda horizontal. other than that you'll have to change it. did mine a while ago
good luck.

Hey 9sec. did you do a conversion or just a replacement?If the conv. was the wireing a pita?and any pointers on reg.removal that may help thanks in advance.

Well the stock power windows move about as fast as molasses in a fridge, so I ended up buying the kit from electric life. Wiring in my case is simple because my car originally came with power windows, ( i havent a clue why the previous owner removed them) so all i need is to connect 4 wires (2 a side). if i were you i would go to the junk yard and get the wiring and switches,( big pain if the dash is in, because some of the wiring is in a loom at the top of the dash). while your at it you might want to grab the regulators and motors. The kit i got was about 250. As far as removal, youll need to remove the glass to make it easy, there are 3 10mm nuts that mount the glass to the reg. there are also 2 more holding a plastic thingy to the rear of the glass, youll want to remove it to make it easier. once the glass is out remove the 2 nuts that hold the horizontal track, its more to center of the door and 3-4 " long. next youll need to drill the 4 pop rivets out. i like to punch out the center steel part. that way i have a pilot and the aluminum is way easier to drill. Once you drill them all out then remove the regulator. and reverse steps to put back. now aligning the window is a diff story.

Steve