Will roasting the tires cause any damg?

bryguy

BACK IN BLACK !!!
I failed inspection & have till the end of this month to replace my tires. I am going ( I think ) with 275/50/15 BFG street radials ...unless it's too big??? Anyway I have Nitto drag rads on and want to roast 'em til they pop....but was wondering if this will cause any unforeseen damage to anything else. I take very good care of this car & don't want to screw it up by doing something stupid but the smoke shows have been nothing less than incredible!!!! Thanks
Bryan:eek:

forgot to mention

I forgot to tell U that I do this as a brake stand>>>?Thanks

I'd say watch your temps, let it idle for a few minutes after you're done to let the turbo cool down, and VIDEO it for us!

Do you have a line lock? If you dont, and you do a large, long burnout, you have a very good chance of completely ruining your rear brakes. They will get so hot that the drums will distort, shoes will be garbage, and you may distort the other small, weak parts that hold the rear brakes together. Ive personally seen it happen before.

If you have a line lock, then you dont have to worry anything at all except your temp gauge as mentioned above.

Well does damage to your quarter panels count? If you "do it till they pop" you stand the risk of the tire shredding and messing up your quarters.

If you do it, make sure you put a really good coat of wax on before hand as it will make getting the rubber off much easier.