What rear tire for stock wheels to get traction

MSDGN

I currently have Nitto 275-50-15 tires on the rear of my GN. I'm using the stock 15x7 GN wheels and I like the look of them but I just can't get traction on the street. I take off from a light into boost and as soon as it hits 2nd gear the tires break loose. I run around 18-19 PSI in the tires. Is there a better tire I can use that will give me some traction. I don't want to use a different wheel and it must fit in the wheel well without any mods such as rolling the fender lip or notching the frame. This a street car only, low miles, a few bolt ons. Was thinking of maybe MT ET Streets but not sure they would be any better. Suggestions are welcome.

MT 255/60/15. They fit a 7"rim fine. A touch taller than stock so the speedo will be about 5mph off.

Uh.. could be because the tires are like 10 years old????? just saying..... :)

Doesn't anyone still run 275/60/15? I thought that was a popular drag radial size on a stock rim.

I'm running the MT 275/50/15 and they fit fine , I did have some 1/4 " spacers but figured out I didn't need them , no rubbing So the spacers are in the for sale section