will my injectors be enough?

xxninja

hey guys i got a quick question.........
i have the delphi #36 injectors on my national right now

i am currently running the v-1 intake with a t33c turbo.
walbro 340 hotwired etc.
i have more then enough injector right now.
but my question is........

in the next upcoming weekend i will have a spearco intercooler kit for the hot-airs, in my hands.......

do you think it would be wise to upgrade injectors while the turbo was off? or do you think the 36ers will be fine?
I plan on using the t33 with the spearco

maybe you all can give me some opinions.

thanx brothas :D

While people are helping him out, does anyone have any answer about my car as well, I was wondering the same thing.

I have 30lb. and mods listed below(most notably TE33, 340, 3" DP, ported intake). I was planning on goin w/ 009's when I had the $$.

sorry for hijacking your thread xxninja:cool:

I've got the TA33, downpipe, AFPR, hotwired pump, and K&N and am running 009's and I have plenty of injector left. I figure I can squeeze into the low 12's with an intercooler and still have some headroom.

The 36lb injectors are good up to high 11s, they can support about 430 hp. If you want to go into the low 11s you should use some 009s.
Bruce Alred

hmm 430 horsepower? i know it has to take more then 430 horsepower to get into the 11's
these things weigh a ton

are ya sure ya didnt make a typo and mean 530 horsepower?

hmmm now im debating on whether or not i need to change the injectors, cuz thats a pain in the ass to do on the hot-airs
well the 1 side is anyways.

maybe someone can chime in and say how far they took their #36ers before they started to go lean.

While we're on the subject, I currently have stock (ouch!) injectors with my setup (see sig). I plan on getting a scan too, adjustible fuel pressure regulator, and convert to an '87 ECM by next month, and have a 2800 stall and Spearco intercooler by the Summer. Which injectors should I go for?

Injectors

No Bruce is right on with the injectors info. 36lbers will easily take you into the low 12's with or without an intercooler and many have gone into the high 11's. But since you will be adding an intercooler the 42's will achieve your goals to much easier cause you will be needing the additional fuel.

well i dont wanna risk damage
i think with my combo i might have a good 12.9 - 13 second car
and if im adding a SPearco Kit, i might Hit 12
and well i guess imma need new injectors then argh
so what do you guys think are better?

42s or 50s ?
i think they are about the same price anyways?

which one is better at idling?
i know it depends alot on your chip
but im sure 1 might have more streetability

whats your opinions?

injectors

Too big an injector is just as bad or perhaps even worse than not enough injector. You could be running pig rich and slower than a snail from being so fat on fuel. If low 12's high 11's are your goals then 42's are more than enough. And as for your earlier statement 430 hp is well into the 11's and 500 hp will put you in the high 10's.

009s can't be beat for streetability although you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between any injector from stock to 55s. You really can't go wrong just pick something a little bigger than what you need. Get something you can grow into, you can always pull fuel out in the chip. There's no reason to upgrade now and then upgrade again later. I might be selling my 009s, they were running 110% DC and my 02s were at 800. I figure with the new mods it's going to be lean for sure.