Will GN JE Pistons be fine in a TTA with Ported Heads? ---

Maybe you can put a wanted ad for a used TTA piston that someone can let you borrow. I was reading the Ross site yesterday and they can make custom pistons too. Since this is of interest to other TTA owners it would be nice if you find the dimensions and a company that can make the pistons.

Hi Pronto,

What's your point? <snip>

OK! But, does that make a difference in the conversation here? I think not!

c'mon 89ICBM...... why so defensive.... people are just trying to give information to give the OP options or in Bison's case correct misinformation.... other people read things to LEARN... many didnt know JE and Wiseco were owned by the same people.... i know i didnt... i knew about TRW and SpeedPro.... who knew that TTA original pistons were eutectic NOT hypereutectic.....not me.... thks

goin back to the OP –*hey what local machine shop is building your "beast" .... i almost bought that crank too :eek: nice score... i was watching that thread closely - almost pulled the trigger early on.
- aaron

Maybe you can put a wanted ad for a used TTA piston that someone can let you borrow.

Hi Pronto,

You are right. I have a set of Ross and a set of J&E's with the correct dish. I will send alwayscode390 a piston. Thank you!

[QUOTE

IF SOMEONE HAS STOCK PISTONS LAYING AROUND

Hi alwayscode390,

I have a set of J&E and a set of Ross pistons that are used with the correct dish. I will send you 1 if you want. A machine shop can then cc the dish and have a new set made. No need to borrow or pay anything. Just PM me your address and I'll get it to you.

c'mon 89ICBM...... why so defensive.... people are just trying to give information to give the OP options or in Bison's case correct misinformation.... other people read things to LEARN... many didnt know JE and Wiseco were owned by the same people.... i know i didnt... i knew about TRW and SpeedPro.... who knew that TTA original pistons were eutectic NOT hypereutectic.....not me.... thks

Hi Royal-T-Ltd,

Your comment is read, understood and respected.

At one time i thought the TTA had 8.3:1 but i was told i was wrong. I never cc'd a stock engine so i dont know for sure but one that said i was wrong was very credible. There is an easier way to get the info you need. If you have a head off the car you can measure the combustion chamber and what ever the amount LESS than a rwd head you can ADD to a stock GN pistons dish and you will have the same CR. An 86-87 LC2 has a CR of 7.99.... Its just a tick under 8:1. I believe the stock LC2 has a 22cc dish on the pistons. Someone else can chime in if im wrong. If they have the same compression height which i believe they do also you should be able to figure out what you need.

At one time i thought the TTA had 8.3:1 but i was told i was wrong. I never cc'd a stock engine so i dont know for sure but one that said i was wrong was very credible. There is an easier way to get the info you need. If you have a head off the car you can measure the combustion chamber and what ever the amount LESS than a rwd head you can ADD to a stock GN pistons

Hi Bison,

If you don't have the heads off you can check CR by using a compression gage. Just turn the motor over and divide the compression # by 14.7 (atmospheric pressure). You really only need to check 1 cylinder for this. Even though the CR in the TTA is reported as 8:1 I can see where there would be a difference from car to car. I would say your number above is not really far off, if at all.
I still say a person can run the GN piston with no problem. I have the Buick dish and run 17 to 18 lbs on street gas with no problem. Just sayin.