Will it run low 11's to mid 10's?

TRYMYSIX

Will my setup plan run what I want is the question. I want a reliable car that I can drive anywhere and still turn it up and run a low 11 or mid 10, so here is my planned setup. Thanks in advance for any advice.

109 block .20 over
JE pistons
Stock 2 dot rods
Stock crank
Fully ported stock heads 1.77" int/1.51"ext valves
Stock headers
THDP 3"
FMIC
3" single shot exhaust
Roller cam 210/215
Solid lifters
Champion Intake port matched to heads
Champion 70mm plenum
GN1 72mm throttle body
Champion fuel rails
Deka 80lb injectors
Turbonetics 70mm turbo
Alky Control kit
FAST XFI 2.0
Racetronix 680 double fuel pump
Stage 1 200r4 2800 stall Art Carr converter

Full weight car running at or near sea level in South Mississippi. Assuming conditions are right and the tune is correct, am I on track?

Last edited:
That would probably work much better but I would talk to a manufacturer or vendor and make sure before I laid out cash

I run a 2800 stall with a 61 mm turbo it's pretty much a perfect match.

May not be enuf convertor...and who ported the heads? Best idea is to hit the track...take a crack at it...and see what it does.

You can run 15 to 20 psi with that turbo on the street all day long and it will be fine.

Your motor wont take a lot of abuse at 30 psi on a 70mm turbo. So your tune will have to be on the money and keep the timing under 20 degrees. That will help.

I agree with others recommndation on the converter, if it were me I would go with a 3200 stall speed but try it out first and see what its like on the street.

You can run 15 to 20 psi with that turbo on the street all day long and it will be fine.

Your motor wont take a lot of abuse at 30 psi on a 70mm turbo. So your tune will have to be on the money and keep the timing under 20 degrees. That will help.

I agree with others recommndation on the converter, if it were me I would go with a 3200 stall speed but try it out first and see what its like on the street.

Champion Intake port matched to heads skip, port match a stocker yourself
Champion 70mm plenum skip
GN1 72mm throttle body skip, have Steve Monroe do your stock throttle body and doghouse
Champion fuel rails skip
Turbonetics 70mm turbo If you want to stick with Turbonetics go billet 64/65 or Precision 64/66
2800 stall Art Carr converter 3200 stall
Forged crank and rods, why risk it? Billet mains too.

Champion Intake port matched to heads skip, port match a stocker yourself
Champion 70mm plenum skip
GN1 72mm throttle body skip, have Steve Monroe do your stock throttle body and doghouse
Champion fuel rails skip
Turbonetics 70mm turbo If you want to stick with Turbonetics go billet 64/65 or Precision 64/66
2800 stall Art Carr converter 3200 stall
Forged crank and rods, why risk it? Billet mains too.
All the parts listed I already have with exception of the roller can setup. Was going to buy that this week.

Solid lifters are a pain in the ass unless its a dedicated race car and you will need adjustable rockers

Too bad you spent the $$ already...

Full weight car running at or near sea level in South Mississippi. Assuming conditions are right and the tune is correct, am I on track?
driveshaft loop,cage,belts,upgraded axles,upgraded posi,hr bar,air bags,shocks,hr motor mounts.after a good tune I think your light on the tranny work for full weight mid 10s reliably and light on the converter with a cast 70mm comp wheel.