will 50lb injectors be enough for pte 6262bb turbo

channer

Hi all

Can I run my 50lb injectors, with my recently purchased PTE6262bb turbo?

The 50lb'er are from my current setup
- rebuilt motor with a little better than stock cam
- ported head, intake, doghouse, 62mm throttlebody
- ta49 with turbotweak chip in stock computer
- stock converter

I have but not installed
- precision 2800 stall lockup converter
- Razor alky kit

if not, what would the recommended minimum injector be... with the 2800 converter installed & running a turbotweak chip on a stock computer?

TIA... Dave

I would purchase a powerlogger so you can monitor duty cycle. Then you can see how far the injectors will go. I would go with the 79/80s. How much boost do you plan to run?

0ne if you go w/80lbers$400.00 youre going to need a doublepumper$500.00 and reflash youre tt chip.w/alky 50lbers sure you can run a 6262bb but not to its potential.60lbers w/alky and powerlogger to tune and keep and eye on duty cycle and you will have alot of fun.

The 50's will cover you to about 127-128mph in the quarter with alky. Without alky low 120's. Unless you plan on going faster than that injectors are a waste of $. The turbo doesn't determine what injector is needed. The hp does. The 10" won't couple the potential of that turbo.

The 50's will cover you to about 127-128mph in the quarter with alky. Without alky low 120's. Unless you plan on going faster than that injectors are a waste of $. The turbo doesn't determine what injector is needed. The hp does. The 10" won't couple the potential of that turbo.

Bison is right on. Turbo doesn't justify injector size, hp or e.t goal does. You can run high-mid 10's with 50's and alky and a good intank pump.

0ne if you go w/80lbers$400.00 youre going to need a doublepumper$500.00 and reflash youre tt chip.w/alky 50lbers sure you can run a 6262bb but not to its potential.60lbers w/alky and powerlogger to tune and keep and eye on duty cycle and you will have alot of fun.

If you're suggesting the above why not the 80# injectors for the same price? He will still need a chip reburn if he moves to 60's. You don't need a Double Pumper to have 80's and alky either. I have them in a local alky car with a single intank walbro pump, heads, cam, all the usual goodies. I'm able can keep his 02's deep in the 800's in high gear with a 67GTQ and 25psi.

I recently had an alky car here with a 6262, alky 50's, and the other typical go fast mods. The duty cycle hit the 100% mark a few times and was in the 90% range a lot. Fixed some kinked lines,no change in DC. New filter, no change. Put in a XP pump, again no duty cycle reduction. Razors Kit was working to keep the knock away, however the injectors were working way too hard to be safe and this was all under 23psi. Put a set of 75lb injectors in and Turbo Tweak chip at default and the duty cycle dropped into the mid 60's. Even allowed a lower the gain on the alky. The plugs all has a consistent tan with the 50's, but this lead us to believe the injectors could need cleaning. All the owners upgrading to these new Billet Precision units need to consider that the condition of their injectors may cause an issue when calculating how far they can be pushed.

[/B]
I recently had an alky car here with a 6262, alky 50's, and the other typical go fast mods. The duty cycle hit the 100% mark a few times and was in the 90% range a lot. Fixed some kinked lines,no change in DC. New filter, no change. Put in a XP pump, again no duty cycle reduction. Razors Kit was working to keep the knock away, however the injectors were working way too hard to be safe and this was all under 23psi. Put a set of 75lb injectors in and Turbo Tweak chip at default and the duty cycle dropped into the mid 60's. Even allowed a lower the gain on the alky. The plugs all has a consistent tan with the 50's, but this lead us to believe the injectors could need cleaning. All the owners upgrading to these new Billet Precision units need to consider that the condition of their injectors may cause an issue when calculating how far they can be pushed.

Curious as to where you had the gain knob on the Alky when the DC went high. Also, curious as to why you are lowering the gain knob vs. pulling fuel in the chip?

[/B]
If you're suggesting the above why not the 80# injectors for the same price? He will still need a chip reburn if he moves to 60's. You don't need a Double Pumper to have 80's and alky either. I have them in a local alky car with a single intank walbro pump, heads, cam, all the usual goodies. I'm able can keep his 02's deep in the 800's in high gear with a 67GTQ and 25psi.

I made repeated 10.8-10.9@127-128 passes with reed0380's car weighing 3750lbs and 50's and old smc alky 15gph nozzle and 115psi. They were worked hard but got it done. The converter ate up a lot of mph too. I'm never against going with larger injectors but when someone asks if they "need" them and their performance goal is considerably less than what has been achieved the answer is save your $. He will drive over the converter if he uses alky before he runs out of injector. It will take 25psi to really work those injectors hard based on what we've already seen. I had roughly 67% dc with 72 lb/hr injectors with an old smc and trapped 128mph. With a PAC this would have been low 60's. 50's would cover it either way. The car was 3530lbs

The gain was at 7. Went back to 6. We backed it down to see if it was borderline on knock retard and it's still fine at 6 an 2 more psi. Before when he tried to back it down on the 50's, it would pick up small amounts in high gear pulls. Never more than like 1.2* but at 7 It showed none. It was using the meth as fuel. A no-no for most cars I work on but this was a band-aid until the problem was found.

I agree with you 100% on that Bison. I was just pointing out the age and codition of injectors should be considered. I send mine out to get cleaned and flowed every other year and use aftermarket filters. How many others do that and since 60,80, larger injectors have surfaced, I cant remember the last time someone purchased "new" 36,42, or 50lb injectors. Chances are they get them used and pop them right in. Had a local car do that here and lost a piston due to an injector going wacky. It was figured out after he sent them out to get cleaned and flowed.

I agree with you 100% on that Bison. I was just pointing out the age and codition of injectors should be considered. I send mine out to get cleaned and flowed every other year and use aftermarket filters. How many others do that and since 60,80, larger injectors have surfaced, I cant remember the last time someone purchased "new" 36,42, or 50lb injectors. Chances are they get them used and pop them right in. Had a local car do that here and lost a piston due to an injector going wacky. It was figured out after he sent them out to get cleaned and flowed.
I run peak and hold injectors so none of the above applies to me since id select peak and hold injectors over high impedance of a larger flow. The OP asked if 50's were enough. He never stated his hp goal. I posted where 50's could take him. The condition and flow of an injector is unknown parts with alky. With a chip it is no picnic without wideband correction since any little increase in boost or drastic temperature drop should get a new chip or its lean. Adding fuel via chip is not safe for long term use. If settings were changed 5% or more and are lost the engine will be extremely lean.

I am running that turbo and 60s with alchy and a 2800 converter l/u. What is recommended for a converter?

I am running that turbo and 60s with alchy and a 2800 converter l/u. What is recommended for a converter?
The converter rec depends on the power that its going to have to deal with.

Bison is right on. Turbo doesn't justify injector size, hp or e.t goal does. You can run high-mid 10's with 50's and alky and a good intank pump.

Thanks for all who responded... and the insight on turbo, converter and injectors.

I just want to make my injectors work with what I have for now... without spending more $$$. If everybody said, the 50lb'er were enough injectors... then I would have to buy bigger injectors

Right now, the car will mostly be street driven so I don't think I will be making crazy HP... keeping boost in the 15-20 range. It also appears that I will probably need a power logger and new pump to replace the 5-6 year old walbro 340. I originally bought the turbo so I can get into the mid 11s... I never thought about 10s!!!

As for the converter... what do you mean "The 10" won't couple the potential of that turbo". Do you think I need a higher stall.

dave

Meaning the 6262 has high 9sec low 10 sec potential. If you are beating the balls off of it.....:biggrin:
You are not even close at 15 to 20 lbs. of it's limits.
My 55's have been high tens with alky. Bisons said mid 10s max. I beleave that to be true. So just stay with them for now. Get the logger. If not everything is a guessing game and it is easier for people to help you out .