wideband

QUIP'6'

Brian Roman
http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/itemdesc~CartId~{8E54A916-BA91-428D-857F-CEVEREST8537E3AA219}~ic~3273795~eq~~Tp~.htm. I am not going to run a laptop just a basic testpipe install and want to know how to tune with it!!! i know it has instructions but i like to hear it from the horses mouth. what are the best a/f targets. i know julio targets QUOTE" If using a Wide Band sensor, shoot for a target of 11.8-12.0 which is sometimes difficult with our cars due to the MAF and ecm. Typically 11.5-12.0 you'll be fine. If a specific number..11.9-12.0 is my own preference. they say to target as if you are running pump gas then add alky and tune from there. so should i target for 12.1 on pump gas no knock then add alky "NOW I KNOW THE HIGHER THE NUMBER THE LEANER THE A/F BUT HOW TO KNOW WHEN YOUR AT THE EDGE OF DETONATION? 02'S????

http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/itemdesc~CartId~{8E54A916-BA91-428D-857F-CEVEREST8537E3AA219}~ic~3273795~eq~~Tp~.htm. I am not going to run a laptop just a basic testpipe install and want to know how to tune with it!!! i know it has instructions but i like to hear it from the horses mouth. what are the best a/f targets. i know julio targets QUOTE" If using a Wide Band sensor, shoot for a target of 11.8-12.0 which is sometimes difficult with our cars due to the MAF and ecm. Typically 11.5-12.0 you'll be fine. If a specific number..11.9-12.0 is my own preference. they say to target as if you are running pump gas then add alky and tune from there. so should i target for 12.1 on pump gas no knock then add alky "NOW I KNOW THE HIGHER THE NUMBER THE LEANER THE A/F BUT HOW TO KNOW WHEN YOUR AT THE EDGE OF DETONATION? 02'S????

I was running about 11.3:1 on boost with alky.... running like a scalded dog....

razor ,,you seem to like a richer starting point lately ( 11 ) af than ( 11.5 )....what has caused you to reavaluate your position or dial in your mixture richer...and are you adding gas or methanol

You always start FAT and work your way lean. If the motor does not make more power.. then dont lean it out. Easy. Some cars fly at 10.0:1.. others at 11.4:1.. what exactly does your motor like... start at 10.. work your way up little at a time.

Easy guys.. dont make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Julio

You always start FAT and work your way lean. If the motor does not make more power.. then dont lean it out. Easy. Some cars fly at 10.0:1.. others at 11.4:1.. what exactly does your motor like... start at 10.. work your way up little at a time.

Easy guys.. dont make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Julio

thanks julio