WICH nitrous kit to buy for gn..

What do you mean by "they looked nice and stock......."

Originally posted by BOTLFED
All is the same except the chip we burn our own. the stock tranny is still in there and had a flare between 1st and 2nd. But you's be suprized what cranking down on the TV cable and a 75 shot clears up:D ... but everything else is still the same i have seen the valve springs when we put the fancy valve covers on and they looked nice and stock.......the thermostat is a pepboys replacement i dont know if that counts as aftermarket;) ...you got me on the filter its a AFE of a 2002 cummins diesel but the maf hose is still stock along with the tiny turbo:cool: ...the waste gate is way stock, i have never set a hand on that thing now the bleeder valve from true value hardware $.49 cents is a upgrade. if you ask some of the guys here on the board that no me they can explain my method of speding money to go fast :p .......Theres a reason we call this car the MUTANT!!!!

:confused: I was just wondering what U meant by... they looked nice and stock. Who did you buy your car from? I'm assuming your not the orig owner. For all U know U could have 10k in motor work. High compresion pistons head porting... who know what else? stroker?... :)

I'm not talking trash here. I love NOS and am all for it. I have a stockish setup and was just trying to judge what my car would run by copying your setup. But I know for a fact I'm not hitting 12.40 with my stock set up. I'm running thrasher 92 chip, open DP (stock) and a homemade water injection kit with a fuel pump(340 walbro) and regulator now. I am pushing mid 13's at 103 with 2.2 short times at 19psi.

So I guess I'm ask'n.... whats your secret? Give it man we're all buick brothers here! :D

hook a cracker up! :confused:

Thanks for listening
Adam

12:40's on a stock GN......Nope, not unless it weights 1300.00 lbs. You need to check what you have, it is not stock. It may look like it but it is not!

They looked nice and stock!

what i was talking about are the valve springs when we pulled the valve covers off i was quite amazed of all the carbon chunks floating around in there ......mmmmmmmmmm....tasty!!! but those bad boys are way stock...but get the job done....some day i will get around to changing them :cool:

as far as the motor being fancy.........I wish:rolleyes: it did have a K&N sticker on the radaitor support;)

Hmmmm.

Originally posted by BOTLFED
They looked nice and stock!

what i was talking about are the valve springs when we pulled the valve covers off i was quite amazed of all the carbon chunks floating around in there ......mmmmmmmmmm....tasty!!! but those bad boys are way stock...but get the job done....some day i will get around to changing them :cool:

as far as the motor being fancy.........I wish:rolleyes: it did have a K&N sticker on the radaitor support;)

So what your tell'n me is I need a K&N sticker pronto!;)

Some guys just get all the luck, stage I internals with initial purchase... not I :confused: Gues i'll have to do it the old fashioned way.... steal it from someone!

Thanks
Adam.

You probably don't even need the K&N, Drop 800 pounds, get a race chip (Or have one burned like we do), some 116 octane and a 12.4 should be pretty simple to get! There's plenty of people on this board running high 12's, low 13's with stock parts. I ran a 13.2 with the stock turbo and a measly 23° chip w/ only 19 pounds of boost. I had to drive back from vegas, otherwise I would have pushed her harder (more timing and at least 22 pounds of boost) and gotten a high 12. (142k miles, unbuilt tranny)

NOS set-up.

Hey guys just wanted to let the NOS bashers in on one of my customer's G.N. set up & times. (87) full weight (no fiberglass) GN with 39,000 miles, It has gasket matched heads, no bowl work, stock valves, 100lb springs, stock cam, with original plastic cam gear still there, 009 injectors, TE-44 .82 housing, stock intercooler, rebuilt tranny with red stripe 2800 stall lock-up, 3" houston DP. and 2 1/2 A.T.R. exhaust. On 26-11.5 E.T. streets 26lb's boost it went 11.30 @ 118mph. (no juice) 10.78 @ 125mph with a 52nos jet & 46fuel jet @ 26lb's boost, both passes were done on a Red Armstrong 107 chip and 110 octane fuel. Got to love that Jungle Juice!

Juice

I have gone an 11.12 at 124 mph with the giggle gas. This was with a 35 nitrous and 20 fuel which was only a 50 shot of nitrous. Off the nitrous I ran an 11.38 at 121 mph. This was with 24 lbs of boost. With the nitrous it jump to to 26 lbs of boost. How much of a shot was that with those jet sizes, I don't have my chart right now. I have a TA62 turbo, stock unported heads(valve spring upgrade). I had 50 lb injectors and a 20 row IC but I'm now in the process of upgrading those 2 items as well as installing a double pumper. Those are good numbers for the funny gas. :D

SPRAY!

Thank's BUICKTR, I was told by a mustang guy that those jet's are about 80 horse only because the fuel jet is to rich for the 52n jet, the owner want's to keep it on the safe side, he's happy as hell with his 10 sec. slip, and did not have to spend the extra $ on all the other bolt on's. Can't blame him.

I had to turn the boost back to 17lb's then sprayed w/ converter locked-up right out the gate and the boost went right back up to 26lb's then droped off to 24lb's in the middle of third gear. The short time that pass was 1.52, I still can't believe the E.T. streets hooked that good, probably was the the track that night, it was a private rental and all the cars were hooking.

That is a good short time. My was only 1.62 with Hoosier Quick Pro times 27x11.5x15. That's great keep on tuning that JUICE.:D