WICH nitrous kit to buy for gn..

87gnand00ws6

I currently have a 87 buick gn with the basic mods. im looking to run nitrous in it. (no Flames) im wondering wich kit is the best in everyones opinion. NOS,Venom,TNT, etc

NX

I would go with the Nitrous Express Kit. It is an awesome kit! Most current technology applied towards this kit. I have a stage1 kit that goes from 35-150 hp. It is a wet sytem. I used the one for the Ford Universal. I think that the GM would probably be the same. It has a fogger tip that you have to install on you inlet pipe about 4-6 in front of TB. I did not need any other part from the kit to make it work. I only bought a fuel T-fitting from Poston to put on my fuel rail because I run a fuel pressure gauge and now I need to run one on the NX fuel line to the other. If you do not have a pressure gauge then you could just screw it right into the fuel rail with no probably. Before you install a Nitrous Kit just make sure you have a good fuel pump, adj fuel reg, maybe if you can better injectors. I have ran a 50 shot and a 75 shot and let me tell you the car pulls like crazy. Make sure you get a chip that is low timing I would go with about 21-22 degree with a 50 shot and 20 degree of timing with a 75 shot. Kit is about $550.00. Good Luck!!!:cool: :cool:

I have tried Nos and my car ran faster without it. You have to turn the boost down to run it and when you take it back off and turn up the boost and put a good chip in it it will be faster and last longer.

My car went faster!!! You don't want to turn down boost. This is when tuning becomes an issue. It doesn't make sense to turn boost down when you are going to spray. The spray will bring it back up depending on the size of the shot. In my case, I figure out the boost I'm going to run then work on the timing depending on the shot I'm going to use. On my launches it eliminates all lag and the car shoots out like crazy. NOS DOES make a difference. I understand you could turn boost up more , but you still have that lag issue especially with larger turbos. I've recently tested my car at 25 lbs of boost and it really moves fast, but when I sprayed a 50 shot it really hauled a@#. Boost went up about 2 lbs with the shot. I saw a 822 O2 reading without NOS and a 790 02 reading with the 50 shot!! ZERO KNOCK. C16 Fuel!! I'm sure it will go ALOT faster with a 75 - 100 shot of NOS, but I need to monitor 02 and Knock very close. :cool: :cool:

Keep running your nos, I will just tune mine for my old turbo, the back window of my car saids "ALL THROTTLE NO BOTTLE"

nuff said

LOL you are killing me...that one was very funny.. But I do have that in my back window..it was for the mustang boys..;)

All throttle no bottle? I understand the no bottle part, but what the heck is that turbo there for? Not to pick at ya, but all throttle normally insenuates its an all motor car, as in naturally aspirated. I play both sides of the field, owning a mustang and GN. I have a bottle on the stang and i will also on the Granny. Just my 2 cents, have a good one. Jay
Originally posted by Hyper
LOL you are killing me...that one was very funny.. But I do have that in my back window..it was for the mustang boys..;)

"ALL THROTTLE NOT BOTTLE" means that the car runs with what came on it. Not a "power adder" because it was factory with it. As soon as the ford guys start shipping the mustangs with NOS then it will be a factory item. Then they have to have a way to make it work with out refilling it every 5 runs...maybe a 100 lb tank in the trunk or behind it on a trailer. I say this because my car and all the GN's run with a factory "type" setup, no add on NOS to give us the thought that we are fast for a few secounds. We are fast all the time. I love to catch mustangs on the way home from the track or late at night at the track because I hear that old saying " I can't run my bottle low" I stop sucking a bottle when I was 2, Not really I have a fast dixie prostocker that have a fogger on it but I dont need it on my gn and dont want it. I love to run just as fast on the 20th run as the 1st run.

Ok i can respect your opinion. Im thinking of getting a sticker for my mustang that reads "All Bottle No Throttle"...whatdya think?;) Just kidding, i hope my GN will turn out at least as fast as my mustang on the motor. The sole purpose for me having the bottle is for drag racing, only an idiot would spray (a decent size shot) on the street. Yes i also like the idea of having all that power there all the time, one of the many things i like about my GN. But a bottle is in its future, for the dragstrip. Theres always that time when you want just a little more outta your car.

Hey i understand as you can read in my sig I use the bottle(alott of bottle) on my dodge, There is a unreal rush when you put 1100 hp to the ground at the start line, kinda like getting hit by a 100 tractor trailer in the rear...hehe, Hope you enjoy your ride

keep safe and keep it fat.

Jeff

Yeah im into pro stocks also, though i dont own one. My buddy Tracy had a Jerry Haas built 1997 Pro Stock firebird, he ran a best 8.60 in our cruddy climate w/ no bottle. He hit the wall 3 weeks ago at the local track, and is planning redoing the front clip. Didnt even get to spray it...lol Jay

BuickTR take that nawzz off your Buick immediately, you know it doesn't work, it's cheating, etc.

TurboTR

HMMMMM!

I would have to say go with the NOS brand it has its own up pipe and it also has the noids mounted on it also...as far as going slower with it ....i disagree... i helped answer some questions about what just a small shot would do this past weekend in vegas..see sig. "ALL THROTTLE AND BOTTLE"

"ALL THROTTLE AND NO BOTTLE" Just tells me you don't know how to tune with nitrous. Nitrous is definitely a cheaper way to add power, is reliable if done in moderation and correctly.

Nos system is by far the best system IMHO. Comes with nozzle already mounted in uppipe, time test company, and is $5XX.00 including everthing (UPPIPE ALSO). The only thing negative with NOS system is they have jets set on the rich side but having someone new to nitrous it is the safest way to start. If money is no object, check out the new NOSZLE system nos has, It is the state of art system.

SOME THROTTLE MORE BOTTLE.

By the way Botlfed ran 11.6 at 119mph at vegas with a 13X,000 stock long block, tubo, intercooler, injector, torque converter,tranny, and rear. He has 75hp shot of nos, K&n Air cleaner, thumbwheel chip I setup, lower control arms, driveline loop, inline fuel pump,and gage for everything you could think of. He has a stage two nos system we have not even use yet, future hopes of 10's with constant reliability.

Chuck

Nitrous is just another power adder as is turbo, blower, intercooler, or way to inprove power.

Well it tells me that you do not know how to tune a GN.

If you need a bottle then you need to get yourself a mustang

I dont need it and dont want it.

out!:mad:

Nitrous is just another step past tuning without nitrous, actually I have done chips for quite a few off the gns in New Mexico (not Mexico) :D

Nitrous and without nitrous have there advantages and disadvantages, it's just what each person can live with.

Never been a mustang fan and still not, maybe a Camaro ;) but then I would just add a turbo and nitrous. Did have a Kaw, Z1R 1340 cc turbo, nitrous, but it only ran 8.6's (1/4) no fuel injection thou. :eek:

Good luck with Stang.

Chuck

My Prostock Dodge had NOS on it and yes I know how to tune a car with it, But with the gn I dont need it. Look at my sig. I have to been fast with NOS, but dont want the side effects on my GN!

thanks