WICH nitrous kit to buy for gn..

"Well it tells me that you do not know how to tune a GN. "

Hyper, noticed that you ran about the same ET as BOTLFED but less MPH, just wondering what setup you used to run the same time as him and his stock 130k engine, turbo IC, injectors, etc?

I saw your sign. and thats my point exactly. Wondering how much you spent in turbo, intercooler, injectors, downpipe, and other addons. Botlfed has less then a thousand minus gages and is running the same. Heaven forbid he spends $3 for a jet and runs 100hp shot or we hit the second stage. Again there's advantage and disadvantages to each setup-maybe Botlfed will get caught without nitrous and yours is ready all the time or maybe you will get caught without race gas if thats what it took to get the 11.59. Advantages and disadvantage- $1000 for 11.6 versus $ ??? for 11.59. I guess my budget is more like most, I need to weigh the bang for the buck with reliability. Just my opinion.

Just thinking out loud.

Chuck :D :D

Maybe that is why my car is 15 years old and has never had the valve covers off. Maybe I dont want to spend the $$ it takes to replace head gaskets and fill the bottle all the time. Maybe I did spend 1700.00 to get it to run 11:50's, then maybe ...no It will last alot longer than a bottle feed car. I like driving my Gn not working on it. And yes it did take race gas to run 11:59, but guess what I can run 12:57@107 on pump gas with radials on the back. NOT DRAG RADIALS plain old bf goodrich. What would your bottle feed car run without the bottle? 14.??. yea I dont think I want that. But it is your car and you run it the way you feel you need to. As long as we all have fun I guess it doesn't matter how we get there as long as we are there :)

Actually his car went 12.40's off the bottle, its just a 75 shot and he has never broken anything on the car or pushed a head gasket, although he did have to replace the water pump at around 110k miles.

Crash,

You did forget that he has replace the valve covers for the black buick racing covers. Worth at least a tenth. On the street with pump gas and nitrous its an 11.8x with the water pump. ;)

You never have said what turbo, intercooler, injectors, torque converter, and other mods you have? What track have you run at? elevation?

1700 does go far when buying those piece?

Chuck

Ok here you go

Cartech front mount intercooler
009's
TE60 turbo
Thrasher Chip
mag plug wires
K&N filter

every thing else is stock!!

yes you can go as fast or faster than me with NOS, but That is your chiose. I dont want it and dont feel that I need it because I am running as fast as i want to run. I will later put on some champion heads and that will be it. It is not because I dont have the money to run faster, Hell I built a Prostock Dodge. You can only guess what that cost :( I want to stay in the 11's because i dont want to change to much on my Buick. I have never cut a hole in her and she has 57,000 miles on her. I have own it since 1987.

Keep on spraying and I will keep on saying "NO BOTTLE" :)

Have fun.

:(

I got to say if your running 11.59's with a stock torque converter, stock downpipe, just the addon you listed. YOUR THE MAN

When I get farther into my coupe project I need to get up with you. My plan as of now are High boy with the new TA Performance block, heads, T-5* turbo, v-4 intercooler, 200-400hp shot of nitrous, 3000 stall toruque conv.,7 gen. mangement system, and try to keep the weight to around 2000-2200 lbs. Then maybe I could give your old dodge a run. Oh yea it will be my daily driver, everyday. :D :D

Its been nice point out our sides.

Chuck

thumbs up

I would just like to say hyper "thumbs up" in the change of attiude and open mind instead of actin like and a$$. I believe everyone is intitle to do has they pls. to their ride and because you disagree doesnt mean you have to be a butt . I think is awesome that bottlefed and the other guys on the board that run nos can do ,what they do show how truly multi changable are cars are and they really can go the extra mile and prove they one of the strongest street car to date.

"everyone has their on way follow it and enjoy the ride!"

randy

Nitrous

I know there is probably a higher percent of people on this board that disagree using nitrous on Turbo Buicks, but everyone has the freedom to express their opinions. There is no doubt that nitrous will make the car faster. As for which kit the NOS system is not a bad system, I just prefered the NX system. Newer technology as opposed to the NOS kit. They should work pretty much the same though. My car went from a 11.38 at 121 mph to 11.12 at 124 mph with a little shot of nitrous. I still run factory unported iron heads. I couldn't get my turbo (TA62) to go faster than 120-121 mph. It probably will go a faster with a little more juice. My car has been very reliable with nitrous. I am very careful with knock and 02 readings. TIMING is very critical when spraying. Good tuning will make the turbo Buick even faster with nitrous. :cool:

BuickTr,

Have you seen the NOS noszle setup? little pricey but looks to be the next level in nitrous. Nice even distribution with easy of installation. I always wondered if you could run more nitrous with out knock and reliably if each cylinder was getting the same amount as with the power plate that RJC makes.

Chuck

Wilkinshc

The fogger setup is probably better, but it is alot more expensive. I think a fogger system works great once you start spraying more than a 150 shot. I don't think we (turbo Buicks) need that type of setup unless we were going to run large amounts of nitrous. The 50 and 75 shot really woke my car. I can't even imagine a 125-150 shot. If you have the $$ to spent on a fogger then go for it, otherwise a single shot system would be plenty. Note: I run a powerplate on my current setup.:cool:

I have the same NX kit that BuickTR is running on his car for sale. Mine is the universal GM efi stage 1 kit, #20920. Brand new, assembled, but never installed. Bought it for my truck then wound up selling the truck to get my WE4! Oh, yeah...the kit has a purge valve with it, all ready to go! e-mail me with questions, or look in the parts for sale section from about 4 days ago and you'll see my post. ;)

Originally posted by crash
Actually his car went 12.40's off the bottle, its just a 75 shot and he has never broken anything on the car or pushed a head gasket, although he did have to replace the water pump at around 110k miles.

Sound's like BS to me..... Unless this car is cut to hell and back.

Well.......................A jack really isn't necessary to change the front tire anymore if that's what you mean.:eek:

Originally posted by BoostedBug
Sound's like BS to me..... Unless this car is cut to hell and back.
Yep, the car is a little lighter than from the factory, but there were plenty of people at the Vegas event that saw it.

Thanks... Was a little work but it turned out nice. I like the big mother uh..you know.

On the "Stock GN that runs 12.40's" This car has all the water lines hooked up,stock thermostat, stock air filter stock trans not rebuilt stock convertor stock exhaust stock valve springs stock wastegate and stock computer chip and it runs 12.40's?

I have to see it!

All is the same except the chip we burn our own. the stock tranny is still in there and had a flare between 1st and 2nd. But you's be suprized what cranking down on the TV cable and a 75 shot clears up:D ... but everything else is still the same i have seen the valve springs when we put the fancy valve covers on and they looked nice and stock.......the thermostat is a pepboys replacement i dont know if that counts as aftermarket;) ...you got me on the filter its a AFE of a 2002 cummins diesel but the maf hose is still stock along with the tiny turbo:cool: ...the waste gate is way stock, i have never set a hand on that thing now the bleeder valve from true value hardware $.49 cents is a upgrade. if you ask some of the guys here on the board that no me they can explain my method of speding money to go fast :p .......Theres a reason we call this car the MUTANT!!!!

Originally posted by BOTLFED
$.49 cents is a upgrade. if you ask some of the guys here on the board that no me they can explain my method of speding money to go fast

.49!?:eek: Figured you'd have found one cheaper! Or made one:cool: . Seriously, things you'd ecpect to pay alot for, he can make it look real nice for less than the amount of change under your seat:cool:

BTW, Botlfed, I still want to borrow your NOS catalog.

WOOPS

I spaced it:confused: i will try to dig it up from the storage unit this week. and run it over there hey you know i have a spare fogger nozzle and some noids laying around also all you would need is a 28 cent micro switch from radio shack and some nitrous lines from ebay and then go down to valley welding and pick up a old nitrous tank for 20 bucks and you an drop over a second for around 60 bucks :D :D :D ..... i will give you a call or see you at the gym:cool: