Why won't my fan ever shut off?

spoolin86

I have replaced the fan switch, delay relay, and even the coolant temp sensor but my fan still won't shut off. It runs irregardless of whether the ignition is on or off. Unplugging either of the connectors to the delay relay will shut the fan off when the ignition is off. The fan runs all of the time with the ignition on even with one of the connectors to the delay relay unplugged.

Maybe there's a short somewhere. Check to see if the green wire going to the delay relay is grounded all the time. Does the fan shut off if you unplug the delay relay?

When the key is off, unplugging either connector to the delay relay will shut the fan off. When the key is on, unplugging the delay relay has no affect. I will check the green wire for ground as suggested.

Fan on

My fan stayed on even with key off and delay relay disconnected. After 20 minutes I finally had to disconnect battery for it to shut off. The delay relay is only 1 year old and has worked fine up until now. Car is all stock including the chip. Any suggestions?

As GN said, did you change the chip? I put the Pit Bull in to see if I could get the idle up, and the fan stayed on all the time. HTH

Unplug High Pressure AC Switch

Might be the high pressure AC switch. It's located behind the alternator on the high pressure AC line. Just unplug to verify if this is the problem. However, don't forget to plug it back when your driving the car.

If it runs KEY OFF, and Delay Relay out of the car, you have some additional wiring or a bad ign. switch or wiring to it. :(

As I stated, the fan runs with the key off which should not have anything to do with the chip. It will shut off if I unplug either of the connectors to the delay relay.