Why won't Eagle make forged rods for us??

Right now we have a single vendor providing a fairly inexpensive alternative, Eagle, lets not go back to NO alternative.

I asked about the rods at the SEMA show, they had no idea and the way they talk about the volume of sales on the crank, I would not believe they are interested in doing rods for us.

But it is strange that they make rods for Vipers - that also does not seem to be a large market.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by EightSecV6
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/sh...threadid=157790
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
Proves my point.

Not sure of the point Bill is attempting to make here. As one that has had his hands on so many, it would be nice to get some feedback about it.

But drop in or not a drop in - WTH is up with the 5mm key :confused: When I see something that does not make sense I ask about it. If that is analogous to bitch and moan it is gonna make learning a much slower process - especially for the manufacturers of products.

When is the last time you saw a BMSports block that was a drop in? I dont want to get wrapped up in this battle, basically, I can make the Eagle cranks ready to rock including bearings for internally balanced engines for a very reasonable price compared to the high rent stuff as I am sure Nick and many others can as well. If you have one of these POS Eagle cranks and you dont want it, I will purchase it from you.
If you are price shopping, sell your Buick......

Calm down big fella....I am fine with the parts needing massaging....my only point is that apparently this has come as a surprise to many people posting in this thread. So I stick to what I said...either Eagle needs to make it very clear that their cranks are not drop in and go....or they need to make them as such.

Nothing more...nothing less....everything on a message board isn't a battle...sometimes they are actually discussions. :eek:

Originally posted by Blown&Injected
I asked about the rods at the SEMA show, they had no idea and the way they talk about the volume of sales on the crank, I would not believe they are interested in doing rods for us.

But it is strange that they make rods for Vipers - that also does not seem to be a large market.

quote:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/sh...threadid=157790

Not sure of the point Bill is attempting to make here. As one that has had his hands on so many, it would be nice to get some feedback about it.

But drop in or not a drop in - WTH is up with the 5mm key :confused: When I see something that does not make sense I ask about it. If that is analogous to bitch and moan it is gonna make learning a much slower process - especially for the manufacturers of products.

My point wasn't your post,but some of the responses in that thread.

When is replacing an internal engine part a "drop in"?

I feel sorry for the Buick vendors that come out with new products and have some Buick owner moan over it. We are own worst enemy.

This Buick owner buys an Eagle Crank and wants to "drop it"
Lets say it was a "drop in", who is going to balance your rotating assembly?:confused: Oh yea, it's a drop in, I forgot.

It is very simple, if you don't like what you see, don't buy it. Stick with the stock cast crank and wonder if your going to drive over it. Every balance a billet crank, take hours/days. I balanced my Eagle crank in 3 hours and that's including setting up the bob weight.

So what if the Eagle crank was an internally balanced piece. You still near to run an SFI approved flywheel and balancer to run fast.

If Eagle has stopped production of the crank, what alternative do we have now......stock cast one or billet ($2500up and wait for months to fix your motor). It was nice having $600 crank available. So what if it needed some machine work.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Originally posted by gnxtc2

I feel sorry for the Buick vendors that come out with new products and have some Buick owner moan over it. We are own worst enemy.

Lets say it was a "drop in", who is going to balance your rotating assembly?:confused: Oh yea, it's a drop in, I forgot.

It is very simple, if you don't like what you see, don't buy it. Stick with the stock cast crank and wonder if your going to drive over it. Every balance a billet crank, take hours/days. I balanced my Eagle crank in 3 hours and that's including setting up the bob weight.

So what if the Eagle crank was an internally balanced piece. You still near to run an SFI approved flywheel and balancer to run fast.

If Eagle has stopped production of the crank, what alternative do we have now......stock cast one or billet ($2500up and wait for months to fix your motor). It was nice having $600 crank available. So what if it needed some machine work.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Bingo Billy T

Some just will not get it...

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I think you just about summed up my feelings on this topic... Great post!

Bottom line IMO is something is better than nothing! We are a very small community when compared to the Chevy and Ford crowd as well as some of the import boys especially the Honda racers.... I see Eagle is making some cranks and/or rods for a few other relatively small # groups, but I guess they are not bitching and moaning like us:(

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

This is exactly how I feel as well. I think it's awesome having a 600 dollar crank available to us. I don't care if it needs machining. What other options do we have? If this crank can be made perfect by some machine work then I for one will gladly fork over 600 bucks and have a pro handle whatever needs to be done.

It sucks because I was really planning on using that crank this winter for a decent build up. Now i've got no options but to deal with the stock crank I guess because there is no way I can afford to let 2500 bucks rip. I really hope production will start up again.

Originally posted by 86brick
I see Eagle is making some cranks and/or rods for a few other relatively small # groups, but I guess they are not bitching and moaning like us:(

Mot only are they not moaning they are calling Eagle to thanks them for making the stuff and actually buying it making it worth their while to keep making it.
Mike

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
My point wasn't your post,but some of the responses in that thread.

Was not attempting to convert "your point", just attempting to get ideas to deal with an issue that just happened to involve the way ESP machined a crankshaft. I did not machine that key and neither did anybody here but I was hoping that maybe, since many others have use that same crank, that another poster has already found a solution - IS THAT NOT THE REASON TO GATHER HERE - to help each other out with problems? There was one post, not me, than commented on the rod bearings claiming that ESP should have done their homework.

I found something that was most unusual and asked about it and it looks like that is being held as bitching and moaning - WTF!?!?!?

I called ESP and asked them if they have a special key. No bitching and moaning, just asked them what I need to do and then took it to the boards to get some ideas for a solution.

If people have been calling ESP to complain about the crankshaft they better have a valid complaint. If the complaint is valid then it is between the buyer and the seller and there is nothing wrong with sharing the issue with others that might encounter the same problem. I doubt that a few random comments on one of a zillion message boards is the reason ESP has the TR cranks on hold - it is possible that they are working out some of the issues that have been talked about or more likely, they do not sell enough stuff to worry about TR's.

I was involved in manufacturing (Aerospace Industry) for many years and I never had a problem when a customer complained. If my shop screwed up (rare but it happened) I wanted to know about it so I could make it right. If I did not screw up, I still wanted to know because if my customer is not happy I want to help them overcome the issue if I can even if it was not my mistake.

Might need to add this to my signature:

"everything on a message board isn't a battle...sometimes they are actually discussions. "

Originally posted by Blown&Injected

Might need to add this to my signature:

"everything on a message board isn't a battle...sometimes they are actually discussions. "

A dream that will likely never come true. When the only tool you have is a hammer...then everything you see becomes a nail.

It could be much worse, Eagle might release a forged Crank for the Pontiacs at $1600:eek:

The Crower billet is around $1800, which one would you buy, yep its not really an option if that happens in my book for the Ponti guys.

Sounds like when you are done with this mod you get a flywheel, balancer and maching for around $1300. Not bad considering you are getting 3 parts out of it.

Think about it like this,most that have complained about Eagle havent bought a crank and never plan to.

I mean hell,the thread starter(brick) doesnt have an Eagle crank and I doubt hed buy Eagle rods.

So from those of us who have already bought an Eagle crank and liked it as a viable alternative to a high $$ crank,WE THANK THOSE THAT HAVE BITCHED AND MOANED ABOUT PARTS THEY WOULDNT EVEN BUY HALTING "OUR" PRODUCTION!!!

Thanks guys:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by BlownZ
The bitter taste of poor quality lasts far longer than the sweetness of a low price.

Eagle should either be very clear that it is not a drop in...or they should make it a drop in and charge what they must in order to do it right. If that means raising the price another 100 bucks then so be it. Just make it fit for the average dummy.

Doesnt even OWN a GN anymore.See what im talking about?

Originally posted by broke1
Doesnt even OWN a GN anymore.See what im talking about?

Broke...when I said I wanted them to make it fit for the average dummy...I was trying to look out for guys like you. You should thank me.

Don't you have someone else to threaten, harass or bother?

Where are we going with this:(

Attachments

• beatdeadhorse5.gif
    beatdeadhorse5.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 131