Why won't Eagle make forged rods for us??

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Okay this was brought to my attention by somebody else, but I'm starting to wonder myself...

On their website www.eaglerod.com they now list that they make chromoly 4340 rods for the Ford SC 3.8L V6 guys...

"Forged 4340 chromoly H-beam rods for Ford 3.8L V6 as used in the Thunderbird SC. Part number is CRS6090F3D. Price is $600 per set."

Now please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you think there would be more of a demand for rods from us especially considering they already make a crank for us??:confused:

Maybe some emails should be sent to bring this to their attention...

eaglerod@netten.net

OR maybe I'm just not aware of the vast #'s of Ford SC Thunderbird V6 cars running around??

I'm fairly certain that theres a lot more SC's around than GN's, but I'm not sure why they don't make the rods.

With as much whining and bitching I have seen about the crank they made for us....I wouldnt expect any.Frankly I am surprised they are still making the cranks.

TR owners are the most ungrateful bunch in the auto world from my point of view.

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
With as much whining and bitching I have seen about the crank they made for us....I wouldnt expect any.Frankly I am surprised they are still making the cranks.

TR owners are the most ungrateful bunch in the auto world from my point of view.

Crank production is on hold......

Originally posted by sixgun86gn

There's some truth to that......... Spoiled rotten maybe as most have gotten used to going so fast with minimal effort/money. Not everyone, but a lot.......

Originally posted by Louie L.
Bill,
Do you have any more info about why?

My guy at Eagle, said they have some "issues" to sort out, production is not cancelled but it is on hold. I am sure tons were b*tching and complaining about little stuff like I have seen posted on here.These cranks were not a bolt in deal by any means by an amateur,BUT for the money it was well worth the little extra it cost to finish them out. This is the way the 4.3 cranks halted from Eagle.

Eagle cranks.

I know that my post's were to inform people of what I have heard and I have personally seen of these cranks not bitching just letting people that it is not just a simple purchase and drop in. That there wewe a few things that needed to be done for use. BTW I am using one in my street car. I am glad they were making them.

Steve Pitts:)

Originally posted by Louie L.
Bill,
Do you have any more info about why?

Like Bill stated, "issues", for example, the flange usually needs worked when installing a SFI flexplate. All new cranks need to be thoroughly checked out before use, and a trial fit in the specific block should be done after that, and before balancing. Lots of complaints came from individuals trying to just replace their stock crank with the forged unit w/o prior experience using aftermarket cranks. The Buick cranks from Eagle were received and used with less "issues" than from many of the other car brand cranks from them.

We check each of our retail cranks before shipping for any issues. Doubt that Summit and Jeg's do that? :rolleyes:

We have just received a shipment of Buick forged cranks that will go through this process before installation or shipping.

So I guess the chance of them ever making rods for us is slim to none at best?:( Still doesn't make much sense to me considering I see them making rods and/or cranks for some motors that have just as small #'s as we do or possibly even smaller....

Oh well I hope they at least continue the production of the cranks...

Nick,
What are the issues with the crank flange and SFI flexplate?

I just installed mine last night and noticed that the flange had a raddius on it and the flexplate did not. Is that the issue you are talking about? What do you due to fix this?

Thanks

Chris,
I had a small radius cut on the flywheel and it was all good.

Originally posted by EightSecV6
My guy at Eagle, said they have some "issues" to sort out, production is not cancelled but it is on hold. I am sure tons were b*tching and complaining about little stuff like I have seen posted on here.These cranks were not a bolt in deal by any means by an amateur,BUT for the money it was well worth the little extra it cost to finish them out.

They are EAGLE. Why can't they do the minor machine work needed for the crank to be a true bolt in?

I'd think it's a little scary to invest that kind of money in a crank, only to need to take it to your local machine shop (who's usually "just a SBC guy") to have it worked.