Why Us?

Kin86442

Aight guys, I'm fed up with how us Buick and Olds G-body guys are treated when it comes to body parts! I was on opgi.com just checking it out some weather strips for my cutlass but they only go up to 1977 for the cutlass. So naturally I think of Buick Regal and GN/GNX and to my surprise they don't even have Buick Regal up there at all! WTF!!!! So I tried Monte Carlo and they that along with El Cameno and Malibu and the years went up to 1988. They didn't only have some weather strip stuff but also door skins, fenders, quarter panels along with some other stuff. This is F*cking crazy to me! So I email Opgi.com and asked them were they ever planning to make parts for Oldsmobile and Regal g-body car and they replied back that they have no plans in the near or far future to make any replacement parts for those cars. It just burns me up I tellya! Why us guys? Why us?

you think thats bad?
try finding anything for the FWD A-bodies. (hint; it doesn't really exist outside the engine/electrical items)
we aren't the only ones who can't find replacement body parts, I'm sure there are other car lines whose body aprts are nonexistent...think of all the 4 doors, the wagons, the little known cars, and so on.
my hunch is that the Regal and olds G bodies are just not a big part of their own business compared to the El Camino and Monte Carlo/Malibu series....not when you have a company that deals only in G body parts (a vendor here i believe)

if there was as much of a demand for poorly fitting imported shetmetal and weatherstipping for Regals and Cutlasses as there is for Monte Carlos and Malibus, then they'd tool up and start importing it.
you own an oddball car, this is just the way of the world. Regals were mostly seen as old people's cars and not something that people took care of and restored in large numbers, and since a GN and T Type is just a Regal with options, you are SOL on resto parts.
this reminds me that i better go buy that pair of rust free dark blue Cutlass doors that the guy in town here wants to sell to me for $75 for the pair..

hello people; I believe sooner or later some co. will cum up with good quality parts for our cars. It seems people that own them will spend $$ for good stuff. Like when I had a 69 Cutlass conv. you had hardly nothing out there and then came Year-One and others and everything changed. It will happen but I hope I still can drive.
IBBY

hello people; I believe sooner or later some co. will cum up with good quality parts for our cars. It seems people that own them will spend $$ for good stuff. Like when I had a 69 Cutlass conv. you had hardly nothing out there and then came Year-One and others and everything changed. It will happen but I hope I still can drive.
IBBY

I pray that you are right jlat cause it's getting harder and harder to find good used parts now in days.

Aight guys, I'm fed up with how us Buick and Olds G-body guys are treated when it comes to body parts! I was on opgi.com just checking it out some weather strips for my cutlass but they only go up to 1977 for the cutlass. So naturally I think of Buick Regal and GN/GNX and to my surprise they don't even have Buick Regal up there at all! WTF!!!! So I tried Monte Carlo and they that along with El Cameno and Malibu and the years went up to 1988. They didn't only have some weather strip stuff but also door skins, fenders, quarter panels along with some other stuff. This is F*cking crazy to me! So I email Opgi.com and asked them were they ever planning to make parts for Oldsmobile and Regal g-body car and they replied back that they have no plans in the near or far future to make any replacement parts for those cars. It just burns me up I tellya! Why us guys? Why us?

Weather strips for an OLDs are the same for the roof as a Buick.
Inside door weather strips are the same as well.
Outside belt moldings for wide chrome are the same.
The thin chrome rounded beads are different from olds to Buick. We carry the rounded NEW GM even though they are discontinued.
Lower door seals same parts as a Buick.
Cowl hood seal same
Trunk seal the same.
As far as used Body parts we have a couple of Oldsmobiles here & have parted a few.
New Parts are tough. You can still get the basics.
Floor pans
Rocker panels
Inner & outer lower door patch panels for commonly rusted areas.
we manufacture some pieces in stainless steel for T-top cars as well.
That is where we have been gearing ourselves in the last month is more towards the Oldsmobile parts because there really isn't a supplier for a large amount of Oldsmobile parts.
We have a few things for the Hurst Olds that are remanufactured as of recent. Hurst Olds spoilers & tips. We will have the spolier gaskets next week. Shifter cable brackets & shifter cables. Being an owner of one of these vehicles you have to research & read about your own vehicle. What is common & the same between other vehicles that can be used.

I'm guessing you own a 86 442. Alot of parts still available for that vehicle. You just have to research more then 1 or 2 companies.

I can rememeber a few years ago you couldn't get any body parts new for any Gbody.

Weather strips for an OLDs are the same for the roof as a Buick.
Inside door weather strips are the same as well.
Outside belt moldings for wide chrome are the same.
The thin chrome rounded beads are different from olds to Buick. We carry the rounded NEW GM even though they are discontinued.
Lower door seals same parts as a Buick.
Cowl hood seal same
Trunk seal the same.
As far as used Body parts we have a couple of Oldsmobiles here & have parted a few.
New Parts are tough. You can still get the basics.
Floor pans
Rocker panels
Inner & outer lower door patch panels for commonly rusted areas.
we manufacture some pieces in stainless steel for T-top cars as well.
That is where we have been gearing ourselves in the last month is more towards the Oldsmobile parts because there really isn't a supplier for a large amount of Oldsmobile parts.
We have a few things for the Hurst Olds that are remanufactured as of recent. Hurst Olds spoilers & tips. We will have the spolier gaskets next week. Shifter cable brackets & shifter cables. Being an owner of one of these vehicles you have to research & read about your own vehicle. What is common & the same between other vehicles that can be used.

I'm guessing you own a 86 442. Alot of parts still available for that vehicle. You just have to research more then 1 or 2 companies.

I can rememeber a few years ago you couldn't get any body parts new for any Gbody.

Yeah Brian I own a 86 442 and I bought a couple of parts from you and even drove up to your spot when you were in Pa a couple. It's me Kin! Remember we had the mix up with the rear axle for my 8.5 rear and you gave me some 442 wheel decals also. Heck I wanted to come work for you but you upped and moved to NC on me. Lmao