why so many prob??????

chops

I bought this car 6months ago it was sitting for 4yrs just was started 1nce a yr for inspection am having prob after prob with this car I fix 1 then another sometimes I regret buying this car am I the only one with prob on theses cars?????? I had 10sec stangs all my life never prob like theses cars and I was warned about these cars by other regalowners so anyone out there with good motivation for me to keep this car lmk :confused:

well it is a 25 year old PERFORMANCE car !! Sitting didn't help it at all. Maybe it's time to get back to the tried an true Mustangs :wink: Buicks are great BUT they can be a handfull for some. Good Luck !!:cool:

I want to at least keep it 1 yr and give ashot or else a new z06 takes its place

car

this is my third turbo car.I've had this one 3 years put about 20,000 miles on it so far I drive it Mon Thur Fri. and work on it sat and sun.this time around the biggest difference is the new parts i buy don't last or are junk from the get go or have fitments issues.At times it gets old working on it just to drive it.But it's nice to put it in the garage and walk away until I get the Itch to drive it again.There is no way I would have this if it was my only means of transportation.

I agree with you on that an old school buick tech who worked on these from 85 to 99 at buick said they were problem cars then even new. There is no way I can beat on this car like my stangs back to back they will never last although I love the car I want to give it a chance I spent more time wrencing this car than driving it that's. A shame !!!!!!!!!

I have owned 5 Chevelles and never had issues that this Buick gives me.

I have had mine since May of 07 and have driven it less than 200 miles. Blew the head gaskets at the Midwest Challenge. Installed GN1's, 218/212 roller...blew the head gaskets again. Pulled the original motor and trans and stored them. Built the current motor and have now blown 3 sets of head gaskets with boost spiking out of control.
Got it back together just before the TB.com event in NC. Got some tuning done, made 4 passes, all was good. Came home and went for a blast on the street boost spiked like crazy and blew the head gaskets that I just installed with ARP studs. Motor coming out again tomorrow. I feel your pain but this car is NOT going to win the battle. New gaskets going in, solenoid connected to XFI going in for boost control. Transducer going in for ALKY pressure to be monitored by XFI. I will keep at it until I am able to drive it anywhere without fear of being left on the road.
Don't let the car win.

Good luck
Bryan

I have owned 5 Chevelles and never had issues that this Buick gives me.

I have had mine since May of 07 and have driven it less than 200 miles. Blew the head gaskets at the Midwest Challenge. Installed GN1's, 218/212 roller...blew the head gaskets again. Pulled the original motor and trans and stored them. Built the current motor and have now blown 3 sets of head gaskets with boost spiking out of control.
Got it back together just before the TB.com event in NC. Got some tuning done, made 4 passes, all was good. Came home and went for a blast on the street boost spiked like crazy and blew the head gaskets that I just installed with ARP studs. Motor coming out again tomorrow. I feel your pain but this car is NOT going to win the battle. New gaskets going in, solenoid connected to XFI going in for boost control. Transducer going in for ALKY pressure to be monitored by XFI. I will keep at it until I am able to drive it anywhere without fear of being left on the road.
Don't let the car win.

Good luck
Bryan

I thought I had it rough....:eek:

TBrian my only sollusion is to do the whole car over my self and hope and pray it works out for me the motor runs great its everything around it so far I haven't blown head gaskets but who knows what tomorrow brings I had my 89 stang drove it 3hrs o the track at 130mph give orr take at times with a/c on got to the track put my slicks on ran 10.60 all day with ac on drove back beat the piss out of it never ever 1 problem with the car I have to give this buick a chance brian because when she runs good there is no stopping it that much I know thanks for your input brian :biggrin:Tommy

And the funny thing is guys I get thumbs up with this car at all times and I say to my self only if you knew what a piece of %&%& it is lmfao

I said awhile ago...Owning a TB is like being in a bad relationship with a supermodel...no matter how much pain it brings the joy of the ride is worth it. ;)

TBrian my only sollusion is to do the whole car over my self and hope and pray it works out for me the motor runs great its everything around it so far I haven't blown head gaskets but who knows what tomorrow brings I had my 89 stang drove it 3hrs o the track at 130mph give orr take at times with a/c on got to the track put my slicks on ran 10.60 all day with ac on drove back beat the piss out of it never ever 1 problem with the car I have to give this buick a chance brian because when she runs good there is no stopping it that much I know thanks for your input brian :biggrin:Tommy

My car still has AC. Dyno'd at RC's, 555 hp 553 tq on pump gas and ALKY on a fat tune at 22psi, Car went 6.93 with a zero boost launch. Can't wait to see what she can do on C16 and a T brake launch and turned up. Car runs great when it is running...
I just need to train my car how to behave...

Paid big money to get my GN painted a month ago, then a week later transmission went out. Got trans. rebuilt, then two days later car had intermittent starting problems due to ground strap bolt (on back of head) falling out. Put in new bolt, car ran good but was hard to start. Needed a new Interstate battery yesterday, cost $65 after pro-rating it. Then today, installed four new Monroe shocks, gave it a little gas getting on hwy, car shut off!!! No codes. Happened twice getting back home. I'm thinking I didn't get the ground bolt in tight enough. Anybody have any other ideas for why the car just shuts off under acceleration? All sensor values are within spec, but blm =142 so that is a small issue but shouldn't make the car shut off. Fuel pump seems to work fine. Always something, that's for sure.

I bought this car 6months ago it was sitting for 4yrs just was started 1nce a yr for inspection am having prob after prob with this car I fix 1 then another sometimes I regret buying this car am I the only one with prob on theses cars?????? I had 10sec stangs all my life never prob like theses cars and I was warned about these cars by other regalowners so anyone out there with good motivation for me to keep this car lmk :confused:

Motivation? People on this board are crazy nice with helping others. They can and will get you up and running good. Just ask in your region. Now what are your problems, what mods you got, and do you have anything monitoring your car....i.e. scanmaster or powerlogger? If not you need one, if so post your readings. These cars can be a pain, but when she's all there it's all worth it :D

Well, I am not an original owner of my car, but did buy it back in 1993 with about 50k on it. It has been trouble since day one. Back when it was stock, and now that it is not. To own one of these, you simply have to enjoy working on it, and you have to have the ability to do so. My car is running fine now, but it is dripping oil and coolant on my shed floor a few drops per week like clockwork. No surprise, for sure. Just hang in there, and use this forum. Thanks, Rudy.