Why RideTech Shocks?

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
A "Transferable" 1,000,001 Warranty!

test.2.jpg

announce_6.jpg

As a reflection of the radical improvements in performance and durability that RideTech has implemented in their shock program over the last 3 years, all RideTech shocks sold after January 1,2013 will carry a
1,000,001 mile warranty!
Why? - From RideTech president Bret Voelkel: "In partnering with the engineers at Fox, we've been able to see dramatic improvements in the handling performance, ride quality and durability of our entire shock line. At this point all RideTech shocks…ShockWaves, Coilovers, Struts, and the new Q Series Smoothbody shocks use this new monotube platform and qualify for this 1,000,001 warranty. This 1,000,001 mile warranty is a demonstration of our confidence in this program."

Details…
  • All RideTech shocks sold after January 1, 2013 are included in the 1,000,001 mile warranty program.
  • After your shock purchase from your favorite RideTech dealer you must register your purchase at www.ridetech.com/shockwarranty within 30 days
  • If your RideTech fails to perform properly within the next 1,000,001 miles, RideTech will repair that shock free of charge. The only exclusion is obvious external damage [accident, abrasion, etc.]
  • If you sell your car before the warranty expires, the warranty can be transferred to a new owner by going to www.ridetech.com/shockwarranty to register the new owner.
  • Anyone who expires their RideTech 1,000,001 mile shock warranty will get a picture of themselves and their car in a full
**Registration needs to happen within 30 days of purchase to remain eligible for this extended warranty. That’s it! If you ever have a shock failure in the next 1,000,001 miles, RideTech will repair that shock FREE of charge.

Other items to know about the RideTech 1,000,001 mile warranty:
  • Obvious external damage cannot be warrantied [accident, component abrasion, etc.]
  • You will need to ship your worn out shocks directly to RideTech for evaluation and repair. You pay for your shipping and we’ll pay for the return shipping.
  • We cannot pay for any removal or installation charges. We also cannot pay for any other repairs or damage that might happen to your car.
  • You must register your product within 30 days of purchase to be eligible for the 1,000,001 mile warranty.
  • If you sell your car before the warranty expires, the warranty can be transferred to a new owner by clicking here to register the new owner.
  • Anyone who expires their RideTech 1,000,001 mile shock warranty will get a picture of themselves and their car in a fullpage ad in Hotrod Magazine!

So, what kind of investment can be expected if one would like to give the million mile deal a try? Stock 86-87 Regal. I've had a go-round with kyb on their lifetime warranty. Doubt ill buy kyb again.

TexasT said:
So, what kind of investment can be expected if one would like to give the million mile deal a try? Stock 86-87 Regal. I've had a go-round with kyb on their lifetime warranty. Doubt ill buy kyb again.

Check them out on our web site under RideTech Shocks. Simply click on our banner to take you to our site... If you have any questions give us a call 865-680-4008....

I plan on buying Ridetech's level 2 coilover system. I really like how they extend the length of the shock over factory thus giving you more travel. They do it with relocation brackets that look very well made. This should also help if you do a fbody brake swap in the rear as it should move the coilover far enough to clear the calipers.

I plan on buying Ridetech's level 2 coilover system. I really like how they extend the length of the shock over factory thus giving you more travel. They do it with relocation brackets that look very well made. This should also help if you do a fbody brake swap in the rear as it should move the coilover far enough to clear the calipers.
The relocation brackets will do just that, move the coil-overs in so they clear the calipers better, improve shock travel AND the most important reason for the relocation of the rear shock mount is it helps improve the factory 4-link geometry. If and when you decide to make your purchase let us know, we give our members here a good discount...;)

Scott, I'll let you know. Do you know anything about the spindles you can run with that setup? Stock only? It sure would be nice if I could choose another spindle...

Scott, I'll let you know. Do you know anything about the spindles you can run with that setup? Stock only? It sure would be nice if I could choose another spindle...
I'm not sure what spindle you were thinking of going with but It's recommended the use of a stock spindle with the upper & lower tubular A-arms from Ridetech, reason is because all the geometry corrections have been taken care of through those A-arms and since they are as low as they are there really is no need for any other spindle coupled with the use of coil-overs that you plan on going with it will handle fantastic!

Same thing applies to the DSE front upper & lower A-arms.

Handle, and feel fantastic is what I'm hoping. Fortunally we have a lot of roads around here that require almost no suspension. SMOOTH AS SILK! At least they feel that way compared to my home state of Indiana.

Handle, and feel fantastic is what I'm hoping. Fortunally we have a lot of roads around here that require almost no suspension. SMOOTH AS SILK! At least they feel that way compared to my home state of Indiana.
The "Feel" aspect of a suspension and how it rides in my eye's is all in the shocks! A good shock will result in a good ride.. Your on the right track with the Ridetech products and the shocks now have this awesome warranty. I know you will Love how it handles & rides with the Ridetech suspension and both Ridetech and us will be here to help the whole way to make sure your happy!

The relocation brackets will do just that, move the coil-overs in so they clear the calipers better, improve shock travel AND the most important reason for the relocation of the rear shock mount is it helps improve the factory 4-link geometry. If and when you decide to make your purchase let us know, we give our members here a good discount...;)

How does the coil over bracket affect the 4 link geometry?

How does the coil over bracket affect the 4 link geometry?
Better angle for shock travel? Just passing along what Ridetech told me when I asked about the bracket and it's relocation of the lower rear shock mount.

DSE also done the same thing with their rear shock mounting brackets.

According to Britt at Ridetech: The new tru turn setup for G bodies has just been developed. They are just waiting to fill their inventory and list it on their website.

Better angle for shock travel? Just passing along what Ridetech told me when I asked about the bracket and it's relocation of the lower rear shock mount.

DSE also done the same thing with their rear shock mounting brackets.

Thanks for the response. Got it... shock angle is improved, which makes sense. The LCA attachment point doesn't get shifted like it's a relocation bracket.

Their website shows this setup is available now. Has anybody purchased it yet?Also does this kit make a big difference vs simply using their upper and lower strong arms with their coilovers?I keep going round and round trying to find suspension upgrades that fit my budget.Thir products look very nice if I do it one step at a time maybe I can afford it.

they are available, got mine thru gnsperformance. They will work with stock style control arms, if you need the adjustability like i do then this is what you want. I am replacing the DSE springs and shocks with these because of that.

Attachments

• IMG_4103.jpg
    IMG_4103.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 135
Did you just go with the coilovers or did you get their tru turn kit?My question is if the tru turn system makes a big difference over simply doing the control arms and coilovers alone.

According to Ridetech's response to me on their messageboard the tru-turn for the G-Body will still use the stock spindle. I'm awaiting a price point, because a few pieces of steering linkage shouldn't be worth 1g. They say it helps eliminate some bumpsteer issues and let your run larger tires (up to 10.5 inch). I like that idea but I have to consider that much larger tires on the front of our cars without modification to the inner fender or the frame. As far as it making a difference, nobody knows. It's not installed on anyone's car yet since shipping is supposed to happen next week.