Why do we live here???

Heavy D

Why in God's name do we even live around here? Its only about the second week of this crap and Im sick of it already! I got out of my car to chip the ice off my frozen wipers blades that couldnt clear the frozen washer solvent off my salt covered windsheild and fell on my frozen ass! I must be getting old, cause this sucks. I think Im gonna move down around Tenn. or KY somewhere.

Parents just moved to Tenn. No state income tax either. I will likely end up down there sooner or later where you can actually afford a decent house and not spend all ur money in taxes.

Couldnt agree more. This stuff really freakin sucks. I drive a HUGE 2500HD 4x4 with 6" of lift and got stuck in Austins alley the other night on a sheer sheet of ice. I finally rocked it out.

We've burned through a ton of wood trying to keep his garage warm and have got to the point that we are breaking down junk pallets and scavaging anything we can.

The poor mailman asks for rides everyday back down the street to his mail truck because the wind blows him directly in the face on the way back everyday and his face looks like hamburger because it's so wind burnt already.

It's too cold to go out and enjoy the snow. I cant even get the dogs to stay outside for more than 2-3 minutes.

Must be global warming.....:rolleyes:

No, it's freakin' winter. It's supposed to be cold and snowing in winter. If it was 70 degrees today, it could be global warming.

No use bitchin' about something that you have no control over.

No, it's freakin' winter. It's supposed to be cold and snowing in winter. If it was 70 degrees today, it could be global warming.

No use bitchin' about something that you have no control over.
Ummmm.... no it's not. Winter begins December 21st:)

Ummmm.... no it's not. Winter begins December 21st:)

Ha ha, calender wise that's true. But in the Midwest it seems to start right around Thanksgiving and will linger until April, although we start seeing light at the end of the tunnel in March.

In the great state of TN. it was 24 today with a good freezing wind and it snowed yesterday.:rolleyes:

Why in God's name do we even live around here? Its only about the second week of this crap and Im sick of it already! I got out of my car to chip the ice off my frozen wipers blades that couldnt clear the frozen washer solvent off my salt covered windsheild and fell on my frozen ass! I must be getting old, cause this sucks. I think Im gonna move down around Tenn. or KY somewhere.
I was just about to say what sawmillman said about KY and TN. It's not much better there. They get the ice storms which is worse than snow and it's not that much warmer. But I was thinking about going to KY or TN because I could buy a castle there for what my house would sell for here, and the real estate taxes are 1/5 of what I pay now. And I'm only 6 to 8 hours from home. More important though it would have to be near a dragstrip. Bowling Green maybe...? Are there any nice 1/4 mile dragstrips near Nashville?

I'm sick of this weather too. Not so much the snow but these artic temps suck dog bells. :biggrin:

Speaking of...

I'm sick of this weather too. Not so much the snow but these artic temps suck dog bells. :biggrin:

It's now a "balmy" 16* in Atlanta, @ 6:30Am....:eek:
This is the first test of my new heat pump/ac system. First time I've seen the "aux heat" indicator lite up...$$$$$$$$$
Total elec house is an average of $55.00/mo. I'm betting that goes away this month!:(

But, there's not 2' of frozen precip, either!:cool:
Oh ya, the taxes...My bill is <$1k:D

Overall, life is good in Dixie!!!!;)

It's now a "balmy" 16* in Atlanta, @ 6:30Am....:eek:
This is the first test of my new heat pump/ac system. First time I've seen the "aux heat" indicator lite up...$$$$$$$$$
Total elec house is an average of $55.00/mo. I'm betting that goes away this month!:(

But, there's not 2' of frozen precip, either!:cool:
Oh ya, the taxes...My bill is <$1k:D

Overall, life is good in Dixie!!!!;)

16* in Atlanta? :eek: 0* here. :frown: Not much difference to me.

The heat pump is a very interesting concept. I would love to learn more about it.

I once considered moving to the Chicago area, but there's no way I could handle the winters. And Nebraska winters aren't exactly pleasant.

The heat pump is a very interesting concept. I would love to learn more about it.
Note: Probably not good for you here.:wink:
AUX heat as mentioned usually means the temps are below operating temperature of the H/P therefore turning on the electric coil aux. heater. And unless you have a substantial photovoltaic solar system you probably wouldn't benefit. Unless you prefer to give loads more $$ to Comed instead of Nicor.;) As soon as I finally pull the trigger on a solar system, I will invite you come by gawk at my "free" heating system. lol.

It's not all bad, We have a really nice accumulated 2 weeks:rolleyes: a year. Usually a few nice days in April and a few in October.

Hell- Besides the nice two weeks a year all the politicians here in IL are honest, property taxes are low, sales tax is even lower! The ethanol subsidies keep the farmers rich, food prices high and we get to buy E85 every 30 miles or so as an added benefit. Forgot the real benefit of IL- No emissions testing on our cars. God what a beautiful place to live. Brad

No emissions tests. Indoor plumbing. Two nice weeks a year. Not a bad place to call home.Could be worse.

Don't bother coming to KY.... I'm in Lex right now. Probably 2 degrees out side. Bracing for big storm tonight/tomorrow... January weather in December...:mad:

Can't wait to get out of here and go back south again. This cold weather is miserable.

Stay warm out there!:cool:

16* in Atlanta? :eek: 0* here. :frown: Not much difference to me.

I am sick of this white sh!t and the low temps. I am used to the two seasons in Chicago though. You know the two. Cunstruction season and winter. My buddys mom lives in Hampshire il and they installed some kind of geo thermal system that uses water from a 1 acre man made pond thats about 40 feet deep. he could not tell me how it works. There were alot of red hoses going through the floors and into the foundation even the garage floor was heated. the house is still under cunstruction somaybe next year I will get some feedback.