Why do females HATE our cars????

I was showing pictures of mine a few weeks ago to a sexy, babalicous associate.

She looks @ it and goes eeeeewwwww in a hot, hot sexy tone. To bad she's MARRIED:rolleyes:

I remember doing a test back in early '92. I had my buddies with me one night and took 1 of our company trucks to cruise the mall. It was a nice looking 2 tone F-150 with tinted windows and my 2 other buds was with me. Some hotties in a convertible GT was beside us and I smiled and waved to them and they snubed us like: "yeah right" and looked the other way. The next night which was a Saturday night I had the same guys with me in my GN and the same girls was giving US "hey-babies", I rolled my tinted windows up on them when them @ that time, just to give them a little taste of their own medicine.:cool:

Some chicks are different. I'd have to say the majority though don't think these cars are to cool. :confused:

I wish going fast in the Buick would impress the girl. everytime i get on it she freaks out and says, "Its so loud, you should fix that". and forget about somking the tires. when we were leaving a friends house once he asked me to and she nearly had a heart attack!!! she still calls me a "dork" for that to this day.

My girlfriend is from the UP....and to make things worse, she says it reminds her of high school cars!

...actual words were "it's an old square black car that just doesn't have any rust". Of course, she feels weird riding in it because people stare and you get the occasional "wanna race" kids up along side.....but I still love her....and my girlfriend :D :D :D

...most of us have to accept the fact that our ladies will never see the point clearly....for you that have women that do....count your blessings.

Women just get jealous of the attention. They know a GN is a perfect substitute for....them.

And if I had a dollar for everytime I brought the car to my mom's house and she says "when are you gonna get rid of that POS." She thinks everytime I work on it, it must be broken.

I've successfully swapped my girlfriend for my car. Costs about the same amount of money and I spend about the same time with it as I did with her. :D

Originally posted by OneQuikV6
FWIW, I LOVED that car back in the day. Used to drooool over it in the mags :)

This was the latest pic I got from the 2nd owner of the Chevelle since I sold it. From about 3 years ago!

http://www.buickgn.com/chevellepresentday.jpg

The guy who bought it from me promptly ruined it with cheesey graphics a parachute, window etching and decals from hell. Not to mention ugly blue carpet, ugly wheels and chrome headlight shields! The 1st guy sold it because of a divorce. He pulled out the perfect NEW 454 I built for it and sent it to Pat Musi for more power and from what I heard the motor was still there??

The 2nd owner built up a 427 for it and lost the cam in it on it's maiden run. Was put up for sale AGAIN without the motor. As far as I know it is somewhere in NEW YORK.

Wish I could find out who owns it now. Of course it would probably break my heart to see it again knowing what a nice car it was. Anyone in NY ever see it recently??????????????

Originally posted by 87gninpa
i dont mean to generalize, but heres my history with girls and my car in its short life with me. sold my 1990 red mustang gt last summer to buy the GN. girlfriend at the time wouldnt talk to me for a week, and after that would still never let me drive her anywhere because she was "embarrassed" to be in that ugly "old man car". my current girlfriend asks me everytime we're in it, "why does it have to be sooo loud?" and always asks if she can drive. oh, and she hates it when a guy will ask me about the car because it sees how happy it makes me and realizes once again im not going to sell it for a honda or volkswagen that looks "neat". oh well, just had to vent a bit. i just dont understand it, i think these cars are some of the most beautiful cars ever. who wouldnt want a big jet black car with chrome wheels???? i just dont understand it.......

Sounds to me like it time to trade in the girlfriend ;)

Mine loves cars. She has a 77 Camaro that she is restoring. She likes the Chevelle, but unfortunatly hasn't had a chance to ride in the GN yet, since I've been motorless since before I was dating her. Hopefully the will be fixed shortly, and the first time I light up the tires at around 70 mph she's understand the reason I own the car ;)

Originally posted by turbofrank
Stop trying to figure women out you will live longer. Make them
happy with a Vette or stang. :D

Great Point!

It is a valid post though.
I had my GN for 5 years, took it to every cruise, polished the hell out of it, stood proudly next to it the whole 2-3 hours, never got more than 5-10 people look at it.
It's since been sold :(

Just for kicks, last week I took my Z06 to the cruise and there must have been 100 people stop by to talk to me about it. I am a GN lover, always was, always will be, but there is something about a Vette that draws attention, I don't understand it either...The GN is a far better looking machine, not to mention what it is capable of.

Go figure.....:confused:

girls hate our cars?? girls are airheads. what do they know anyways!

they should just be happy that we let them vote and get jobs other than making us dinner. but they better do that too!

;)

I guess this means I'm lucky, my gf knows how much I love my GN and because of that has adopted it as hers...she even calls it hers :D If I wasn't a car guy she'd have no interest in them either, but I think it's awesome that she's into them because of me :)

Ive had my buick since 99, I have never recieved one compliment or interest from a girl when driving it. They just think its a old mans car. every hot chick I know either doesnt like cars or is into the import crap.

They usually dont say much about my Car ....................Bound and gagged in the trunk . :D One GF of mine loved my GN she even drove it here and there . She told me she put it sideways :eek: Another hated it .... i bought the GN for myself instead of a ring for her :rolleyes: Needless to say the love boat sank . Another GF got pulled over draging it on a quiet road , didnt get a ticket though . My last GF Was kinda into it she use to post on this board but Shes AWOL now . But the buick remains ... moral of the story girls may come and go but the Buick will always be there. ;)

FWIW & IMHO:
Money, jealousy, envy, and probably in that order. I don't think that women hate these cars as much as they would like for you to believe. They probably would like for you to own a vette or a viper or something that just screams "money" all over it.
I think that when wonem see a dude in a vette, they think,"If he spent that much on a car, what will he spend on my buns?
I think that they are jealous of the amount of time/money spent of these cars. especially the time. Envy: I think that they envy the closeness between the gn/tr owner and the gn/tr. Why aren't they jealous of vettes? I don't know, but I think that they think that it is cooler to be cruising around in a $ 50K car than in a 20K car.

I can't complain. My wife has the Trans Am and the Formula in my signature. And she just bought an 01 Grand Prix GT. She still wants either a 69 Chevelle or a 69 Trans Am. Just as car crazy as I am. Still thinks her T/A will beat my GN. Just don't see it happening!! Whats even better? She will even watch football with me too, and doesn't complain cuz I ain't out mowing the grass or something.

I'm a lucky one

My wife won't admit it but she likes the car because I like it. We will be spending her birthday at BeechBend next month.

She calls it my Bitchin Buick
"Do you how much bitchin he put up with to get that Buick?"

My wife loves ours. Her best pass is an 11.51 at 117 and she likes to launch at 15 psi! ;)

Morgan

When I brought my brand new 84 T-type home, my wife (ex) saw me as "driving around in my new kitchen". Heh, she wound up with the new kitchen - the whole house actually, but I still have the T-type. :D

Originally posted by GNvsTA
I can't complain. My wife has the Trans Am and the Formula in my signature. And she just bought an 01 Grand Prix GT. She still wants either a 69 Chevelle or a 69 Trans Am. Just as car crazy as I am. Still thinks her T/A will beat my GN. Just don't see it happening!! Whats even better? She will even watch football with me too, and doesn't complain cuz I ain't out mowing the grass or something.

DUDE........ You married your best friend. LOL How lucky can one man be. :confused:

black heat, i think youre onto something. everytime she asks me if she can drive i say HELL NO!!! she say 'its just a car'. and of course i say back "if its just a car, how come you want to drive it sooo bad????? lol ill never understand em