Why do females HATE our cars????

87gninpa

i dont mean to generalize, but heres my history with girls and my car in its short life with me. sold my 1990 red mustang gt last summer to buy the GN. girlfriend at the time wouldnt talk to me for a week, and after that would still never let me drive her anywhere because she was "embarrassed" to be in that ugly "old man car". my current girlfriend asks me everytime we're in it, "why does it have to be sooo loud?" and always asks if she can drive. oh, and she hates it when a guy will ask me about the car because it sees how happy it makes me and realizes once again im not going to sell it for a honda or volkswagen that looks "neat". oh well, just had to vent a bit. i just dont understand it, i think these cars are some of the most beautiful cars ever. who wouldnt want a big jet black car with chrome wheels???? i just dont understand it.......

They are beautiful to us and other car nuts. To the lame eye they're pimp mobils or ugly grandpa cars. People that know cars, usually like the TR's,,,,,people that don't could care less.

Originally posted by gnturboray
They are beautiful to us and other car nuts. To the lame eye they're pimp mobils or ugly grandpa cars. People that know cars, usually like the TR's,,,,,people that don't could care less.

Well said:cool:

My wife hates the Buick too. She calls Grand Nationals "Death Wagons" and that is how I sold her on the Turbo T. "Look honey, at least it's not a Death Wagon!:rolleyes: "

Every girl I go out with seems to have a liking for cars, so I guess I am lucky. They know it may not be the coolest car on the road, but respect its speed. One girl said my car was ugly. I took her for a ride and she fell in love with it. Guess she liked that it would beat a viper in a street race.

When I was in high school I was driving an '84 Regal with a 455 Stage 1 engine that had a stage 2 cam, headers, and 3 inch duals. This girl I was dating talked so much about how fast her brother's Z-24 Cavalier was so I thought I'd take her for a ride in my Regal. After a couple blasts down the street her only repsonse was "This thing needs a new muffler and catalytic converter, you can tell by how loud it is."

Needless to say she turned into an H & D.:D

Because women like to ride around in a car that looks like you paid way too much for it. It's all about the benjamins.

They probably don't like them because they can't feel the rumble between their legs like a Harly would give them:D

Otherwise, just go out once and nock off a $100,000 dollar sports car or something and then see what they say;)

By the way....my wife is a boost addic now, problem solved.

Ray

Yeah, I sold a LOW mile '97 Cobra to by the 86 T I had. The Girlfriend STILL bitches about that and the T is long gone. She LOVED that Cobra :rolleyes:

My wife likes my Buick and thinks it's very nice, but she's a bigger fan of the 60's muscle cars. (67-69 Camaros, Mustang fastbacks, Chevelles, etc.)

My wife hates the car and refers to it as 'that thing that eats all of our money', but when we go for a ride it's obvious she's proud of the beast and every time she sees a Camaro, Mustang, etc. she'll point and ask, 'We can waste that thing, right?'

My wife loves it and hates it all at the same time. She hates the fact that I am always toying with it, spending money into it and most of all she hates the quailty time it takes away from family bonding:rolleyes: . But she loves it when we go cruising in it because all we ever get are :eek: :) :D faces when they catch a glance at her. I had the Buick before the wife so she realizes its my passion and I am not getting rid of it. But the best part about the deal is she knows that its all paid for and costs me nothing sitting in the garage. Back when Brutus (My Buick) was in the low 12's I would let the wife drag race people on the weekends with it. She won all 5 of her races in this car. I think the thing that pisses her off is, now that she is in the mid tens (untuned) her chances of driving Brutus are as good as finding a neddle in a hay stack (just not going to happen).:p

i'vwe got the same problem. every girl i know calls it either a pimp mobile or a grandma car. I've gotten to where i pretend to not like it much around them, give them a ride complain about the car looking bad a little, then they hate the car not me. mash the throttle and their thoughts kindof change. better yet have a chick at the track and watch you blow away a vette. its amazing what that will do for you.

I did find one chick who loved my car, ended up going out with her for a few weeks then, um... well i don't really want to talk about it. but thats the only girl i've ever met that likes my car. even a lot of guys i know don't like it.

My fiancee called my car a grandma car.... well... she was right... I got it from a 80+yr old lady who bought it new :)

I miss my TR's :(

Although my 94 BMW 740i is a real nice cruiser..... And its black too :)

Wow, some of you guys have it rough. When I was trying to sell my GN, most of the girls here at work thought I was absolutely nuts for selling such an awesome car. :cool: And one of them is a high school girl whose friends are mostly ricers! When I changed my mind and decided to keep it, they were all pretty relieved that the 'Box wasn't going anywhere.

Of course, if I was dating any of them....or all of them :D :eek:....I'm sure they would think the GN is the devil.

Steve