Why do BMW 5 series want to race me?

Scary fast to me is doing 70 mph on the street stomping on the gas motor screaming to 8800 rpm shifting into 7th gear looking down at speedo and doing 207 mph! Try that in a GN! Like I said I love my GN but it's a totally different ride. Go to you tube search fastestf10 he's running 10s with just a tune exhaust and tires!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is going 70 then lay it to the floor and tires go up in smoke!!! Then hit third!!! :cool:

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What is scary fast to you? Problem is most guys don't realize that there is symmetry involved with the whole setup. Your going to put a two valve engine up against a four valve engine, then cam and gear the two valve engine appropriately and watch it pull away without having to over rev the engine. A fellow member of mine has been getting baselines with his setup, and this is a street driven car, I don't see any scary fast M5's even being a threat for him on the street, and he built it himself. Two valve SBC here, and what's scary about his setup is that his engine can take 7500-RPM, and he is not even near there yet...;

Mother of God.jpg

Didn't realize this was a pissing match . K... I'm game, 6 second street car. Your turn.

Let's see a six second street Alpha or UGR anything...

With enough money, enough time, the right parts combo and tuning expertise, you can make just about anything fast for a 1/4 mile or an 1/8 mile. Guarantee you they have well over 60 grand in those cars just to run that fast and it didnt happen overnight. It didnt appear they had driven either of those cars to the track, granted the gtr was shown being driven on the street from a dunkin donuts drive-thru but that viper was probably the closest thing to running 7secs or under that can be driven daily if wanted. I don't see that world record holder for street legal 1/4 mile speed being on the road daily even if it is legal to drive on the road.
As to the OP, alot of people want to test their cars against TR's cause of the reputation they have for being tough on the streets. So that's why you'll see people trying to race you, comes with the territory of being an owner of a TR. Enjoy your car and don't let idiots that want to test your car get in the way of your enjoyment.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

In that case You lose!

Please don't tell me and everybody reading that you consider that to be a "street" driven vehicle lol? Sal Patel has driven his six second Viper on the street plenty of times, full interior, independent rear suspension, with drag radials. Try again...