Why am I'm getting knock at 13#s all of the sudden

jk kelly

Getting knock at 13 all of the sudden,was running 17#s with no problem and car is also stumbling now

Could be a number of things...If it just popped up suddenly could be bad gas. Need more info...

Didn't think about that! Of coarse that's probably it cause I just put gas in it at a Arab station, thanks for waking me up

Could be a number of things...If it just popped up suddenly could be bad gas. Need more info...
Well it's not bad gas,at half throttle it spits and sputters and get knock, just happened all of the sudden, I have 36# injectors what's the best fuel pressure

Fuel pressure vac line off... 43PSI per TT instructions, and then a 1+1 rise with boost after that.

Stock MAF yet? If so, good chance that's it.

Fuel pressure vac line off... 43PSI per TT instructions, and then a 1+1 rise with boost after that.

Stock MAF yet? If so, good chance that's it.
Just came to conclusion that when this happens the dash lights flicker and the scanmaster lights dim,go some sort of electrical issue.....any idea of where to start looking, alt. is only putting out 12.9 volts, what you think. I have had a bad maf before and it acts just like that,but now I think it electrical when lights dim when this happens

Check all your grounds. Also, mine did something similar and actually had the positive batter cable rubbing on the exhaust manifold on the passenger side. Didn't notice it till it was dark out and I went looking for sparks and there it was lol

Check all your grounds. Also, mine did something similar and actually had the positive batter cable rubbing on the exhaust manifold on the passenger side. Didn't notice it till it was dark out and I went looking for sparks and there it was lol
Also noticed now if I hit the brakes fast and jar the car in the driveway the lights flicker and tries to go dead, this is going to suck tracing this down with no direction to go

Check your battery connections for tightness AND corrosion. Alt only putting out 12 volts is bad. Should be 14.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

Check your battery connections for tightness AND corrosion. Alt only putting out 12 volts is bad. Should be 14.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.
From where the harness plugs in its 12 but on the bolt on the back of of alternator I get 14, is that correct Dave?

From where the harness plugs in its 12 but on the bolt on the back of of alternator I get 14, is that correct Dave?

14 at the back of the alt is good. Make sure you're getting a good connection there to. Sometimes that post on the back of the alt can come loose.

You guys won't believe what I found!!!!! Wires on selinoid on the starter was so loose don't know it was making connection,tightened up and problem solved!!!! Thank god... Thank you guys for your reply and imput

^ that was going to be what I was about to post. That area is often overlooked.

I once had a fusable link break off the Oring there while idling in a McDonald's drive-thru. From that point on I'm very anal (giggidy) about making sure the ends are nice and tight (giggidy) and not in a bind.

" I'm very anal (giggidy) about making sure the ends are nice and tight (giggidy) and not in a bind."
Someone mentioned that's your thing!:eek: :D :p

Chuck, you should have swung by the Sheraton Gateway at the airport last weekend. After you got off the stage at the virgin sacrifice, we could have went trolling for nice young ladies and checked their ring terminals for tightness.

Chuck, you should have swung by the Sheraton Gateway at the airport last weekend. After you got off the stage at the virgin sacrifice, we could have went trolling for nice young ladies and checked their ring terminals for tightness.

DAMN! I always miss the fun! :D

Didn't think about that! Of coarse that's probably it cause I just put gas in it at a Arab station, thanks for waking me up

the ethnicity of the owners at gas station have nothing to do with the company they get gas from, just since they're arabic they get the crappier gas?why not i went to the black station, would that make the gas crappier? or the white station?

what are you trying to infer?

Did you at least get a slurpee with that fill up.....good find before any damage.

the ethnicity of the owners at gas station have nothing to do with the company they get gas from, just since they're arabic they get the crappier gas?why not i went to the black station, would that make the gas crappier? or the white station?

what are you trying to infer?

Gas might be the same but the maintenance to the pumps, filters and such could be a problem. In his case didn't make a difference this time but I usually try to but from a clean well maintained establishment. Water in the gas, filters on the pumps and such can be a problem no matter who is selling.