Why 547?

OK, but it doesn't look any different than a production version...

Buick012resize.jpg

I worked in Marketing/Product Promotion at Buick Engineering at the time the GN and GNX were in development, and worked with the program supervisors. The car used as the "mule" for the GN was a 1985, and came out of the engineering fleet. It was the same car used by Car and Driver to write about the intercooled turbo cars.

I misread the postings above earlier today. The 1985 was the "mule" for the GN, Not the GNX. My mistake there. You know what happens when you go too fast.

I worked in Marketing/Product Promotion at Buick Engineering at the time the GNX was in development, and worked with the program supervisors. The car used as the "mule" for the GNX was a 1985, and came out of the engineering fleet. It was the same car used by Car and Driver to write about the intercooled turbo cars. If you need any more facts contact me.

And the plot thickens........:p

The FBI bought T-Types, not GNX's. In fact, they contacted me and asked why they were limited to 127 mph (rpm limiter). I told them, the tires were not rated for any speeds beyond that (not Z rated). I'm not sure, but they bought about 150 of them, but NOT 47.

Wow! The plot is thickening.

D

p.s. we were pretty sure the FBI didn't have GNX's

Hi George!
Hey! Rite back attcha!! Nice site you got here. :)

You guys bring back a lot of memories. Also a couple of collar pins I found laying around.
I used to write brochures like this. I'll look for one I wrote on the intercooled engine.
Photo0239.jpg
Photo0235.jpg

I have a few of those George. I'll try and post one. By the way, Like you, I was part of the contract gang... Remember that picture? And to give you another hint, you work with my daughter now.

Mark! Wassap guy? I used to have a bunch of those books I wrote on how to increase the performance on the V6. Remember Hill & Hill used to get 1100 hp out of their yellow dragster? Shoot, I don't have a one of those left. They had the machining specs for grinding cranks and cams for stage II blocks and revising oil flow. Talk to you soon.!