Who's Trans Do You Have? (POLL)

WHO BUILT YOUR TRANS

• Total voters
My trans built by TurboBuick.Com ;)...I did the work, this website gave me the knowhow....a few parts from ck , but I knew nothing about this tranny until I came here....I had a few catastrophic failures along the way...lol

"Quality Transmission, Inc." in Kalamazoo, MI rebuilt the transmission in my car for the original owner (I'm the 3rd owner) at 145,000 miles and installed a sweet $147.00 torque convertor that stalled at roughly 1600 rpm. I now have a 3000 RPM CK convertor and at around 15,000 miles since the rebuild my transmission is flaring so badly on the 2-3 shift that I always have to check to make sure I didn't bump the shifter into neutral. I'll probably be getting a hold of Vince Janis in the not-too-distant future.

Mr. Hofer

Running a not quite top of the line build at 10.42@131mph and saving my pennies for an upgraded all Billet unit from Brian.

Th400 by Chris at CKperformance. Incredible customer service!!! They once returned my call at 9:30 PM eastern! do you guys ever sleep?

Other-Len Freeman 2004R.

Excellent customer service. Have not been to the track, but it shifts well manually or in "D".

Brian hofer's in mine, could not ask for better ! A friend of mine has a ck and another has a pts extreme in his here and both of theres are great builds also !

Jimmy's! He built my trans for the original owner over ten years ago, and when I brought it to him he recognized his parts in there, and did not charge me anything for labor!

Jimmy's! He built my trans for the original owner over ten years ago, and when I brought it to him he recognized his parts in there, and did not charge me anything for labor!

Customer sevice is 2nd to none, he has always stood behind his work and his customers. He is as honest as they come.

Now if Jimmy wasn't around, Lonnie would be the man I would go with without any hesitation. I have seen his stuff work on some fast cars.:eek:

Prasad

Lonnie built stage 2 w/ brake here. Had some 20+ brake launches at Reynolds and still drives like a street car when not getting on it. I know thatI have the best backing if something should ever happen. When we beat on our cars, things are bound to give way at some point. Lonnie will back his work and occasionally aid you when it is someone elses fault. Extreme Automatics for Extreme satisfaction...

Jason White built the one in Don Cruz's car,wait that's a 8 sec car not 9's :biggrin:!! And Jason's own 9 sec car and Adam Calcote's 9 sec TSM car !

SW.

Those are 400s but I have many 200s out there also. Trying to get someone to stepup with 9 sec power and want to run a 200. Have one in a THS car here that has been running mid to low tens at 3600lbs for two years. Just went through it for the NC race and only issue was the band showing some wear and slipping. Did I say that he abuses this trans to no end?? lol

All these guys are good. Not always close enought though..

The best part about Jason is, if you let him drive your car and the tranny goes out while he's in it he will give you a BIG discount when he fixes it! :biggrin::biggrin:

Seriously, I went through two fairly serious tranny problems before Jason took over and put some quality parts and know how into it!!! No problems since, and the best part really is being able to trust the person you are working with!

Opel ................Rossler Powerglide
86 GN...............Rossler TH400 w/brake
71 GS Stage 1....Rossler TH400
74 Gremlin X.......Rossler 2004R
Riviera...............Liberty Gear

pts Xtreme trans

Running the PTS XTREME trans with billet 9X11 3000 stall lock-up converter. Daily driven for a year so far (about 10K on it street plus track duty) Best E/T was a 12.20 @ 114MPH with a 2.0 60ft. I have a spare, but I doubt I'll need it.... :p