Whos sells a small sub box that fits under our deck?

jdpolzin

I'm no fan of ghetto sounding bumping but would like a little better sound quality in my GN's. I dont feel like making a box and was planning to buy a cheap truck box to fit a 10 or 12" sub. Only problem is, I can find anything with a height smaller than 15" and we only have 13" of clearence from the bottom of the deck to the raised ledge of the trunk floor. If I set the 15" side on the bottom, it will hang off the ledge and i really dont want that either.

What have you guys used?

Any ideas?

I'm just going to use a 10" self-amplified bazooka tube. For a long time I ran a 5 channel alpine amp/Rockford separates in the doors/Infinity Kappas in the dash/4x10 Pioneers & a single 8" Punch in a very small box on the trunk ledge.... But I ditched the Kappas, too much "highs", swapped the 4x10 pioneers for some Boston 6x9's, ditched the amp & small sub. Going to drive the mids/highs off the new deck & the 10" bazooka in place of the small 8" I had. Some like the Tubes, some don't. I have an 8" in my truck & a 10" in the vette and really like the simplicity of them. Going to build a board that will "enclose" that section behind the seat where the trunk floor goes up and cover it with some dynamat on one side & carpet on the other to hide the tube.

If you don't want to go the tube route, you can always build a box out of MDF. It's a pretty square size you'd need and you could build it to the exact size that the sub you pick requires. Not too difficult, brace it, caulk it and cover with some carpet. Most subs will tell you the cubic feet requirement whether you're going sealed/ported or bandpass.

THanks guys, I was thinking of going the self amplified tube route but since i do already have an amp hooked up in the car, I decided to go with a 10" Pile box from JCWhitney. The dimensions are 11x11x19 and the sub is internal in the box. It was only $80 shipped so I cant complain. It will also fit on the deck! This will be plenty of BASS for me! -----Jeremy

If it's that Pyle Box that I'm thinking of, it's a bandpass box, with a plexiglass area to see the sub, you'll have to tell me what you think of it, I had been thinking about getting one of 'em.

Well I just got it hooked up and I can tell you that it really sounds fantastic! It may not be a box for a guy that wants the next 3 towns over to hear him coming but for a little bump in the trunk, it's really more than I need. It fits perfectly under the deck and I can say that I'm totally happy with it. I bought it from JCWhitney for $82 shipped but I found it on Amazon for $54 shipped!:eek: I bought the 10" version. And yes this is the bandpass box with the plexiglass. I couldnt be happier with this set up. ------Jeremy

I might have to go this route, looking for some low end bass, just enough to sound good in the car.

I'm a little late but just in case anyone else is looking I bought this box.....

IMG_4526.jpg

.....from eBay to fit two 10" square Solobaric subs. Just enough room to mount the amps on top. Attached to the rear seat back supports with stainless turnbuckles......secure without drilling any new holes. Sounds great!