Man Cave...now with a LIFT!

Nero328

So I got tired of laying on my back and getting up and down 50 times because I had the wrong socket or forgot to grab a screwdriver so I decided to bite the bullet and install a lift. Of course I only have a 10' ceiling in my garage so I had to "Clearance" the ceiling in order to be able to stand under the car but WOW, I am so glad I did! I still have a few things that I want to do including installing all of the extra lighting that I wired up plus I have to get someone over to tape, float and texture the Sheetrock so I can go ahead and paint but it was WELL worth the time, money and effort.

The lift I bought is fantastic and I am so glad that I didn't go for the "MaxJax" since I would never be able to get underneath it (only a 4' max height). This lift is MUCH more heavy duty and will lift the car as high as 7'. If anyone has any questions let me know, I would highly recommend the guys that I bought it from but I dont want to list their names here for fear of sounding like I am affiliated with them or anything. Installation was a breeze, had the lift up in approximately 4 hours with all measuring, drilling and assembly included. Once the lift was up and I picked up the car for the first time I realized the ceiling was going to HAVE to be raised in order to get the full enjoyment out of it. The ceiling modification took one full day and I was off to the races!

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Lift 1.jpg
    Lift 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 224
  • Lift 2.jpg
    Lift 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 218
  • Lift 3.jpg
    Lift 3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 224
  • Lift 4.jpg
    Lift 4.jpg
    956.3 KB · Views: 226
No basements in Texas! I love South of Houston in Angleton.
I can show you a few houses that do have basements in them and not what you're thinking.:ROFLMAO: That's a bit far for a quick visit but Jerryl and Cam are near you I think.;)

I can show you a few houses that do have basements in them and not what you're thinking.:ROFLMAO: That's a bit far for a quick visit but Jerryl and Cam are near you I think.;)
Cool, I haven't met anyone down here yet, strangely enough I met a guy from Florida that helped me a lot when I got the GN (another board member) but I haven't met anyone from Houston yet. I would welcome anyone that wants to check it out. I wish I had one to go look at before taking this on but it really wasn't hard at all and after doing it I realized I stressed over it way too much before just getting in there and making it happen!

We've got a lot of good guys in the area so make sure to say hi in the Texas member sticky. If everything goes well we'll have another Texas Buick Nationals in the spring and you can meet a bunch of guys with turbo Buicks.;)

We've got a lot of good guys in the area so make sure to say hi in the Texas member sticky. If everything goes well we'll have another Texas Buick Nationals in the spring and you can meet a bunch of guys with turbo Buicks.;)
That would be awesome, I am looking forward to it! I am hoping to get my rear end back in in the next couple of weeks. It didn't like 750 HP!

If it gives you any more issues I've got a 9" that needs some work and I'll sell it cheap. 3.50 gears and a mini spool so it it might be a bit of a pain on the street, but it will survive at the 750 power range.;)

If it gives you any more issues I've got a 9" that needs some work and I'll sell it cheap. 3.50 gears and a mini spool so it it might be a bit of a pain on the street, but it will survive at the 750 power range.;)
How much are you thinking?

I was looking for $700. It needs axles and whatever brakes you want. The upper mounts were welded wrong and I didn't catch it when I bought it. It's got a rear disc set up on it as well, but like I said, it needs some work. The gears and carrier are set up right and ready to go with 31 spline axles needed.

Good work with the man cave mods. I have been looking for a while at the 4 post for my barn. I am going 4 post(eventually) instead of two because I want it to also use it for storage. I know 2 post gives me more freedom but I want the extra support for when I store the car plus I can roll it around.
Modded ride complemented by moded man cave, nice!

Nero,

I have a few questions regarding your lift. How tall is the ceiling height in your garage. Looking to do the same thing to our new house thats being built in katy..Too many questions to type out i'll pm you my number Gerald

Good work with the man cave mods. I have been looking for a while at the 4 post for my barn. I am going 4 post(eventually) instead of two because I want it to also use it for storage. I know 2 post gives me more freedom but I want the extra support for when I store the car plus I can roll it around.
Modded ride complemented by moded man cave, nice!
I don't have the space for a 4 poster and wanted to have the versatility of a 2 post lift. It is an amazing difference being able to stand underneath it to work on everything!