Who's ready for some 3800 power?!

Intense doesn't sell je's but zzp does. John likes diamond and uses them in all his builds. I'll be ordering the coated diamonds from john along with the bearing and arp studs. This or next week.

The price for those he on zzp are for 8.0 and no over bore.
The $839 are for 8.5's or 9.9 c.r. The .020"over 's are also 8.5 0r 9.9c.r. but $50.00 more @ $899.99. I'm considering the 9.9's for my f-body.

Yes sorry about that, went to order them today and saw they are the Diamonds. I was thinking JE's since I was looking at ZZP a while back. With some online research I have read a LOT of bad customer service reviews from ZZP after purchasing, so the rods I got from them will most likely be the only thing I buy.

Yeah I've heard some horror stories to but I've had ok luck with them. I thinking that I'm getting the meziere sfi flywheel and zzp has it for a better price so I'll get that from them but the rest from John I've talked to him many many times on my build and he's always good to talk to.

I've seen the diamond Pistons for around$550 elsewhere but no ring with it.

I talked with Chris at Circle D about a custom 4L80E converter to bolt up and we got something figured out so I can use the stock flex plate with the 80E. I decided against the built 200R4 and Precison Multi Disk I have since the shift points will not be right

Yeah you can get the cheaper non coated Diamonds from them also but the point of this build for me is reliability so the extra little cost for durability is worth it.

Brian,

I was out working on my pulley setup today and have a Vortec crank pulley around which appears to be what your using and was thinking that is a pretty far over-driven pulley. It looks like about a 13% overdrive pulley which makes me wonder if your spinning your engine real slow to not over speed the system? I am using a ford pulley which is about a 11% underdrive pulley which should work out real well since I am going to be spinning the engine about 16% faster than I used to with my LC2 since my cam/heads are spec'd to make power up to 7K, and they say to bring the idle up to about 900-1000 instead of my old 750RPM so the idle acc speed should be fine as well.

,Dan

Would buying two of these simplify the header making process?

Attachments

• s2hedr.JPG
    s2hedr.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 214
Would buying two of these simplify the header making process?
At about $200 a pop those would be a really high cost option to doing exhaust. For an experienced fabricator making a log system like that would be very quick and easy but it doesn't quite flow as smooth as a collector type header.

,Dan

Anxious to see this back up and running. I just spent a bunch of time going through the thread, nice work fellas! This swap is in my future.

Back from the dead!! 3800 short block Finally done! Back to work. Hoping for a real tune and dyno in a month or so. Looking for 575-595 rwhp with the heads and turbo I got on a safe tune. Short block built to hold much more but I want a dd. Well see can always swap the top end for more.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 197
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 189
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 179
Back from the dead!! 3800 short block Finally done! Back to work. Hoping for a real tune and dyno in a month or so. Looking for 575-595 rwhp with the heads and turbo I got on a safe tune. Short block built to hold much more but I want a dd. Well see can always swap the top end for more.
Are the main caps stock? Are the main cap studs and cross bolts ARP? Looks nice! Forged rods and Diamond pistons?
Good luck.

Haven't removed the balance shaft yet? Gonna be running a double roller?

If done right that should take some good abuse. My stocker 200k mile block held up pretty well with nearing 600whp.
My only goof up was using an 06 rear cover, with a pre 04 paper gasket. Was leaking tiny bit of coolant down and into the oil.
Process of getting crank polished and new bearings installed...

Are the main caps stock? Are the main cap studs and cross bolts ARP? Looks nice! Forged rods and Diamond pistons?
Good luck.

Yes all arp and stock caps. Not aware of any aftermarket cap but there is a girdle available. Thanks

Haven't removed the balance shaft yet? Gonna be running a double roller?

If done right that should take some good abuse. My stocker 200k mile block held up pretty well with nearing 600whp.
My only goof up was using an 06 rear cover, with a pre 04 paper gasket. Was leaking tiny bit of coolant down and into the oil.
Process of getting crank polished and new bearings installed...

Yes I've been running a dual rollmaster chain really nice. Nah the balance shaft isn't hurting anything. Thanks

Yes all arp and stock caps. Not aware of any aftermarket cap but there is a girdle available. Thanks
Thanks. As I mentioned, the center main caps look really meaty. When compared with LC2 block center main caps, at least height wise.