whos got the radiattors?

aperrego

Drunk? I'll Check. :)
Who carries our radiators? Mine has had it.. Problem is, I cannot find a replacement off the shelf.othe than the the b$$$COOL's.

I am going with the Summit 31x19 aluminum for $180, two tranny coolers and a monster oil cooler. Jegs also has a 31x19 aluminum for the same price. No need for the internal coolers as the external cool better.

Aperrego.....With as many posts as you have, I know you had to have seen the F-body radiator threads, also. Lots of folks have had good results running them. Myself included. An alternative to the higher priced radiators for us poor a$$es.

Another vote for the f-body radiator here :D

Just put mine in along with a nice Permacool Oil/Tranny cooler and it fit great.

I had mine recored with a modine it's held up for about 3 years.

I can't remember the number(p-n or price) off hand but can get it if you'd like.

Sam

Couple questions:

1. Is it a "direct fit" or will i have to fudge around?
2. Does it have an integrated tranny cooler as well as the oil like the stock TR one.?

Thanks!

Originally posted by aperrego
Couple questions:

1. Is it a "direct fit" or will i have to fudge around?
2. Does it have an integrated tranny cooler as well as the oil like the stock TR one.?

Thanks!

1. It directly bolt's in.
2. No additional coolers on the radiator. However, the oil cooler is pointless, and you should have an external tranny cooler to cool the tranny properly. The integrated one is not sufficient.

It bolts in just like the stocker. And using the radiator which is full of hot water to cool off other hot fluids just never made much sense to me. There was never a doubt for me as far as running external coolers. The number 1 killer of an auto tranny is heat. So anything to help keep it cool..... The external coolers are easy to hook up and are relatively inexpensive. Even if you don't do the f-body radiator, I highly recommend the coolers.

And also, get the ramcharger dual fan setup when you do the swap. It moves alot of air!!

Ok so the consensus from what i am hearing is....

If you dont have the Duck$$$ for a BEcool or similiar..

Do the Fbody Rad with external coolers? Correct? With the ramcharger fans

Anyone got a part # or make/model for buying it?

When you guys say f-body rad, are you talking 1987 v8 f-body? If not, what specifics?

If you do a search on f-body radiator, you can find a post with the exact part numbers. If memory serves me correctly, it is from a 90 IROC.

Its a 92 f-body radiator. I will look up the part # when I get home.

BTW-It is a 2 core, aluminum piece, which makes it about 15lbs lighter then the stock one.:)

I went to the local hole in the wall radiator shop to have my cleaned. It had too many high pressure holes in it and it would have cost a leg and an arm to have everyone of them fixed. Some old guy walked in the room from the back and said "that is the same radiator out of an 84 Olds Diesel". He told me to hold on and he came out with an identical one ready to go. $90.00. Same size, same core, same row, same size fittings, same everything. Bolted right up. I'm not running 15 degrees cooler than I had been.

Regardless if he was correct or incorrect as to what it came out of, it's the same radiator.

ok.. picked it up and a huge Tranny cooler.. But riddle me this..

One of the inlet is substantially smaller than stock.. What has everyone done for this?

Thanks!

Ok scratch the last.. I was looking at the rad in the box still.. But here is the issue.

the bungs i am assuming are for the internal tranny cooler.. What is everyone doing for the oil cooler?

Thanks!