Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Bourget Bikes - Roger Bourget

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • West coast chopper - Jesse james

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Dave Perewitz

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
I really like the old school look of Indian Larry's bikes. Seems like he really puts alot of pride into his bikes

I like Orange County Choppers and Choppers Inc.

Sometimes the OCC can go a little too far for my taste on their "theme" bikes, but I really like how they used a hex frame for the snap on bike and a square frame for the apache helicopter bike.

Ross

Did anyone else see that bike show that was on after Rides, but on another channel? Might have been on Speed, not sure. I've seen it before. I was trying to find a picture of that blue bike the guy built that was his first. VERY cool, very modern looking bike. Had the open rear wheel like that one Billy Lane does, but in a different design (I think). That was a ver cool bike. I was looking for that when I found that link I posted.

A guy at work told me Jesse James sold WCC for 33 million and can't build a bike for 10 years.:rolleyes: Sounds like a bunch of BS to me so I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this.

Jesse James gets my vote. If I were to buy a custom bike I want a CUSTOM bike, not a bike assembled from a mail order catalog ala OCC. Since Jesse's shop is about 3 miles away from here I've seen a few examples of his work. It must be seen to be believed. :)

Dont OCC design the frames and have someone else build them? If thats the case....so what,there in business,pay someone else and make money on it. I think there bikes are pretty cool. The guy in AZ builds some cool stuff also. If I were ever to have a bike again,theres a local guy here who is an artist[ anyone seen Gary Kubisch`s 70 GS ?]. If you seen Gary`s car, you should see the bikes this guy made. They could easily compete with the guys on the list,he`s that good. Lets put it this way....Mattel Inc[Hotwheels] had him do the exhaust on the life size Twin Mill.So he`s no slouch. His bike took 2cd place at a show in Chicago last year

Originally posted by TRBON8R
If I were to buy a custom bike I want a CUSTOM bike, not a bike assembled from a mail order catalog ala OCC.

If you want a custom, OCC will build you a custom (one-of-a-kind).
On every bike they show on discovery channel, they design the frame, build the gas tank, fenders, handle bars, etc.
They use "standard" fenders and gas tanks on their base choppers, but they customize them w/ paint, etc. to your desire.

What is "mail order" about that?

What I see when I watch American Chopper are a bunch of parts coming in the door in boxes and not a lot of fabrication. If you watch the show you will see gas tanks, fenders, frames, handlebars, coming in from outside sources. Sorry, doesn't impress me. :)

Originally posted by TRBON8R
What I see when I watch American Chopper are a bunch of parts coming in the door in boxes and not a lot of fabrication. If you watch the show you will see gas tanks, fenders, frames, handlebars, coming in from outside sources. Sorry, doesn't impress me. :)

Yes, and those are all for their base bikes. Any "custom" chopper that costs $30-40K is going to be pre-fabbed.
OCC's true "customs" cost over $100K.
You think Jesses James built every gas tank, frame, and fender on every El Diablo he made? Nope.

...and none of them build their own motors. They all show them coming in from outside. That's half the bike!

To get the best, you have to farm out the work. No single person is the best at everything. To think so is to oversimplify. K

Knowing WHO TO GO TO to get the best motor, paint etc is MORE important than knowing how to do it yourself because you won't have the time to rise to the top. I'd rather go to the guy who paints for a living than the one who does it as 20% of his job. That's all part of it.

The best home builders never lift a hammer, but they know who to bring into the project to end up with the quality house they want. Same thing.

To get the best, you have to farm out the work. No single person is the best at everything. To think so is to oversimplify. K

Knowing WHO TO GO TO to get the best motor, paint etc is MORE important than knowing how to do it yourself because you won't have the time to rise to the top. I'd rather go to the guy who paints for a living than the one who does it as 20% of his job. That's all part of it.

The best home builders never lift a hammer, but they know who to bring into the project to end up with the quality house they want. Same thing.

Very well said,agree 100%.