Who would I talk to.....twin turbo V8

GN HEAD

It's All About DA BOOST
A friend of mine has a tube chassis 57 Chevy pickup with an old school, high reving 301 V8 (de-stroked 350). He has all the good parts on the truck and is shooting for the 8s, he wants to know who to talk to for a twin turbo setup for this engine. I know this is off the wall, but someone must have input, either Connely or Duttweiler, who should we talk to first?

Kenny Duttweiler is the man to talk to...... He will probably be the first and last person you have to speak with about this topic because he has the most experience with turbo V8s of anybody I know of!

Tweaked is one fine machine from all that I have read about it. I have not met him, nor actually seen the car in person. I have however met Kenny Duttweiler and seen a few of his examples of twin turbo SBC's. First, "use the force Luke" when trying to attain Kenny on the phone. A couple of fellows who are Hye-tech Performance in Cali are very personable, very friendly guys who are incredibly knowledgeable and who use some of Kenny's parts. Manuel and Sod [the builder] would be an excellent choice to discuss your friends plans with, on your nickle. Sod builds 8 second TT V6's and is not one to hide his knowledge or experience in 2 conversations I've had with him over the last 2 years. Need a number?, PM or e-mail me.
HTH
Jim

doesn't need to talk to anyone really......a twin turbo v8 setup to go 8s isn't that hard

get yourself a solid foundation (dart block), 18* heads, and a pair of 66-1s

mid 8s all day long

OBVIOUSLY you are going to need everything else to support the motor like: fuel, intercooler, ECM, etc but it isn't rocket science

Twin turbo

Here is a setup we've just completed on an Impala ss, there are a few odds and ends to tie up (flipping the wiper motor around 180degrees, t-bolt clamps, and brake cyl heat sheild) this motor makes around 1250# at the motor, and will tear 950 to the wheels.

http://www.measeperformance.com/ttimp.html

Just talk to everyone before you decide on which intercooler, what size headers, and turbos to run, what camshaft, cyl heads, compression, DFI, etc, etc...it is not a throw together item, there was over $50K invested into the car above ...hehe and its still just a grocery getter

:eek: :D

KM