Who won the Elcamino vs Ranchero?

Do you really have to ask... El Camino of course. They were pretty closely matched though and I think it came down to driver skill.

best time was i believe a 14.69 with a claimed 450hp crate 383. impressive, huh? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by buickpower
best time was i believe a 14.69 with a claimed 450hp crate 383. impressive, huh? :rolleyes:

Lost:

200 horsepower

Please call Full Throttle if you have any information.

I think the problem with the performance numbers is that the guys driving have never been able to practice with the car and have no knowledge of how to lauch it etc. Imagine the time you would run if you got into your car and had never driven anything similar to it. You wouldn't know how hard to leave or anything + I'm sure these guys might be somewhat nervous that they blow the cars up seeming as how they are the prize. The ford in the last race launched way to hard and just burned up the tires. I was hoping for the tie breaker they would let the twins drive against each other. That would have been interesting but I guess it might have skewed the game.:eek:

I liked how the guys working on the F*rd complained the whole time about it. I also liked how neither of the winners wanted the Ranchero. I thought that was funnin:D.

Later,

Steve.

Heh, it was half ways wrigged to where the Ranchero would lose, the elky had a locker the Ranchero didn't. They both were Chevy guys, performance car people tend to be heavily brand loyal in their ownership. I'm impressed if people make something fast, then again I may be easily swayed. :D

I wonder why at the beginning of that show, each pair of guys while being interviewed, were sitting on the hood of a GN. Nothing was mentioned about the GNs, that I heard.

The Chevy had a slightly higher trap speed, so mabey a little more power for the El-Camino. The Ford had an open rear, major disadvantage.

As for the times..........

A 383 stroker small block with headers running mid 14s at 95? I understand they don't have the time to tune properly, but that seemed off.

But not as off as the episode with the Datsun 240Zs. With a "race"cam, Holley 4bbl, and other crap, those Datsuns were much slower than stock. A 70-73 stock 240Z is in the high 16/low 17 second at 80-82 range. One of those "modified race" Datsuns was doing 0-60 in 11 seconds!

I remember the "Turbo Twins" from that show on Speedvision.
SupaTunaTV I think it was. The may have that late model, hip hop, young adult way about them, but they do seem to be real car guys.