Who to buy a trans from ????

Well finally got my motor finished and back in got around 500 miles on it so I decide to put my foot in it and see how she does must be making good power cause the supposedly high dollar transmission tapped out (no reverse or shifts past 2nd gear). Long story short don't know wether to try and repair or buy a new one if I do buy which one should I go with there seems to be several options ?????

David Husek.... It holds down the low 10 sec power with no problem... True street car

I hear good things about Dave, I can personally recommend Lonnie @ extreme automatics, His stage III is 2nd to none.

Not saying who to buy or not to by from but Dave husek was always available after the sale to answer the phone and help with whatever was needed. Getting a good deal on a trans is one thing. The support service after the sale is worth more than any deals you will get up front. Just sayin...

I have an EA Stage 2. Not a lot of miles on it so far (>1,000) but it is functioning perfect. If you read up on what's used in the build, it's damn good parts. My car is a high 11's car, so a Stage 2 is more than enough.

Only major complaint I have, & a lot of others have experienced, is that Lonnie can be difficult to damn near impossible to contact.

And he musta been out of the correct speedo gear(s) when he built mine because he just threw some gears in & my speedo was 20 MPH off. THAT WAS NOT what I expect when paying $2,200 for a trans is to skimp out on the correct $10 part(s)

So, I had to drop the pan & pull off governor assy & swap gears myself. Not a huge deal, BUT something that shoulda been correct in the 1st place.

I have an EA Stage 2. Not a lot of miles on it so far (>1,000) but it is functioning perfect. If you read up on what's used in the build, it's damn good parts. My car is a high 11's car, so a Stage 2 is more than enough.

Only major complaint I have, & a lot of others have experienced, is that Lonnie can be difficult to damn near impossible to contact.

And he musta been out of the correct speedo gear(s) when he built mine because he just threw some gears in & my speedo was 20 MPH off. THAT WAS NOT what I expect when paying $2,200 for a trans is to skimp out on the correct $10 part(s)

So, I had to drop the pan & pull off governor assy & swap gears myself. Not a huge deal, BUT something that shoulda been correct in the 1st place.

I do appreciate your businesd. Sorry sbout the speedo gears. They have been discontinued for 15 years and no one will install 11 tooth gn gove gear unless you buy or exchange a BR core. The 11 tooth just not available. Dave H. has some NOS gov gears for $150 a pop or something like that.

Or a $75 ratio box will put it on the money and you can install in 5 minutes wearing a tuxedo.

We have got 4 transmissions from Lonnie at Extreme Automatics.two are working great and with the weather getting better,hopefully going in the others soon.

CK PERFORMANCE had 4l80e transmissions for 1699 shipped. I bought one and recieved it. He also has 4l90 transmissions. Thats a six speed automatic. I dont know if he still has any transmissions left but its worth the call. All the other names listed are great trans guys.

I do appreciate your businesd. Sorry sbout the speedo gears. They have been discontinued for 15 years and no one will install 11 tooth gn gove gear unless you buy or exchange a BR core. The 11 tooth just not available. Dave H. has some NOS gov gears for $150 a pop or something like that.

Or a $75 ratio box will put it on the money and you can install in 5 minutes wearing a tuxedo.

Fair enough Lonnie. Again, trans is working flawless, just that little issue. No biggie...

How about Janis transmission? When I lived in Cleveland, seemed like a lot of people visited Janis in Akron

EA STAGE II in my car for two years now and I'm happy with his service and would highly recommend Lonnie and Dave for a stout 200 with OD.

Both are great vendors and supporters of the board.

Jimmy's in Chicago is who I have. Tranny takes a lot of abuse on the street and track. Tranny brake launches (not just at the track ;) ) and mid 10 sec power all the time. been beating on this tranny for the last 2years. If it blew tomorrow, I would be hauling it back to him happy.

Im liking the EA II as well, and the BRC option could save some shipping cost and free up another few bucks to add to the budget.

Jimmy's in Chicago is who I have. Tranny takes a lot of abuse on the street and track. Tranny brake launches (not just at the track ;) ) and mid 10 sec power all the time. been beating on this tranny for the last 2years. If it blew tomorrow, I would be hauling it back to him happy.
I know what you mean I had a back yard built trans last 5 yrs 1.55 60fts an drivin everywhere