who sells the cheapest denatured alky???>>>>>

uwillose2

I went to wal mart today and they don't even carry it over here in Michigan. Home Depot had some SLX but only in small 32 ounce containers so i picked up a couple of those. But i know im gonna need bulk?

All the home depots and lowes down here sell it in the paint section 1 gallon for about $10. You might want to check with the paint stores too.

using the search function....

Posted by RayK:

Mikel (and any other interested alchy nuts) - I've found denatured in 5 gallon cans at Ace Hardware stores here in Orlando for only $19.00. That's $4.00/gal. They only stock one gallon on the shelf for about $9.00/gal but I asked the manager if he could get it for me in 5 gal cans. He checked his national order catalog and ordered it for me. Came in in about a week. He tells me it should be available anywhere in the country if you'll ask the owner/manager to check his National order book. Hope this helps.

Re: using the search function....

Originally posted by VIN7
Posted by RayK:

Mikel (and any other interested alchy nuts) - I've found denatured in 5 gallon cans at Ace Hardware stores here in Orlando for only $19.00. That's $4.00/gal. They only stock one gallon on the shelf for about $9.00/gal but I asked the manager if he could get it for me in 5 gal cans. He checked his national order catalog and ordered it for me. Came in in about a week. He tells me it should be available anywhere in the country if you'll ask the owner/manager to check his National order book. Hope this helps.

That's good info, Ray. I've been using isopropyl and just remembered to price denatured yesterday. I saw $10 a gal. Have to check out that $4 source.

I went into Ace yesterday and asked about the 5 gallons of denatured and they ordered it for me. It's going to be $24.95 and should be here by Friday.