Who sells catback exhaust systems

Would you recommend them?

Yes Mark, if you like to hear the motor pur but don't what a drone.:)
FWIW I have installed about 6 Hooker cat back systems on TR's with different motor and turbo combinations and they all sounded a little different.
I have only installed the the one Pypes system, I'll never recommend a Hooker to anyone again..there quality of tubing leave a lot to be desired IMO.

My hooker would drone (a high pitch vibration that effects the ear drum and is very uncomfortable) only at about 2200 rpm especially at highway cruising ,,slieghtly opening my window would stop problem.

With the Hooker system... and the drone is that with the hooker mufflers? What about the Flowmaster Original 40 series..?? Any one using this one?

I also have been looking at the Dynomax VT... they claim NO Drone and as a brand new muffler??? What do you think... expensive.. but maybe worth the cash... hmmm

Also like Borla, nice pce, but man the cash.

I like the link for the SS GN1 exhaust, but with shipping and customs.. not sure that is what I want to spend right now.. but sure thinking about it.
What mufflers are on that system?

Thanks for any advice... always helpful.

Jeff

Support your troops.

Exhaust

I have the old Kenne-Bell the pipes are 304 and still look new there from 1996 the mufflers that came with the system were cheap flowmasters they did not last long they didnt like leaded race fuel go with stainless 304 they out last the car and look good when buffed out!! Marks system looks real nice and RJC uses 304 stainless either way you will be happy:biggrin:

I would like to try a hooker system with dynomax vt mufflers BUT I am afraid of the valve and spring not lasting very long or rattling of valve ..my car is only driven about 2000 miles a year so maybe i am worrying for nothing.

Here...

Attachments

• 2011-01-14_11-07-06_259.jpg
    2011-01-14_11-07-06_259.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 203
  • 2011-01-14_11-07-29_988.jpg
    2011-01-14_11-07-29_988.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 199
Introduction

My name is E. Paul Donnelly,live in Clermont,Fl
I have a '87 GN, which i am cloning into a GNX. It is a GA car,had T-tops which i've changed to Astroroof. It is almost done,just need to to interior and exhaust.
I also have a '70 GS Stage 1 Hardtop- I am the Orig owner. It is Black,w/a power glass sunroof out of a '76 Caddy Eldo. The car was orig Sherwood Green w/Black vinyl roof, now all Black,has Corvette Rallye wheels,w/ small '67 ctr caps, no trim rings,455 40 over, 536 lift cam, Turbo 400,364 Posi rear end, M/T headers,B4B intake,Holley 800 carb.I put A/C, P/W,P/D/L,T/W,Tinted glass in myself. I have Cruise and Remote Trunk opener yet to put in.
If i restored the car to orig,i would not want it.I am not a Purist.
"Everybody" thinks it is a nice looking Chevelle LOL LOL
I can be reached @ epdonnelly46@yahoo.com
Also have a '91 Riv,Fl car w/89000 orig mile Loaded, a very nice car,3Stg White pearl,Gray leather,glass Sunroof,dual exhaust.
Can anyone surmise that i like Buicks? LOL LOL

Kinda off topic but im trying to build a complete sleeper, 85 regal, wire wheel hub caps, typical grand ma car, but with a built GN motor and drivetrain. I was wondering what I should do about exhaust, Im planning on a downpipe to electric dump but dont know what to do behind that. I want something quite to blend in but dont want restrictions or to much power lost when dump is open, I do understand their will be some loss though.

Kinda off topic but im trying to build a complete sleeper, 85 regal, wire wheel hub caps, typical grand ma car, but with a built GN motor and drivetrain. I was wondering what I should do about exhaust, Im planning on a downpipe to electric dump but dont know what to do behind that. I want something quite to blend in but dont want restrictions or to much power lost when dump is open, I do understand their will be some loss though.

I don't understand about the power lost when dump is open part because when the dump is open is when you get the most power being that is the point where there is the least restriction. So if you meant you don't want to lose too much power when the dump is closed then you can go with the RJC exhaust. It sits up behind the gas tank so you don't see it from behind which gives it the sleeper look because you don't see two mufflers hanging down. As far as the sound there's a sound slip on the link I provided but I've never heard it in person so maybe someone can chime in and answer that. If you want to really go sleeper you can just get a stock muffler with only one tailpipe.

3" exhaust

Well I feel dumb, yes I did mean power loss when dump is closed:eek:

I was thinking with maybe going stock but ive got some time so im just gonna keep looking and see what I can find, Thanks for the link too