Who sells catback exhaust systems

Mark Parks

I have an 86 GN with the original exhaust system. Looking for a nice catback system. I also have a 3" THDP to add when the exhaust is installed.
What's the best system for the money? What HP gain?

This has been beaten to death already, but the short answer is Hooker, Pypes (stainless), and some of the vendors who make/market their own.

If you want to stay stock (appearing) go with the rjc 3" 304 stainless system. It's a little pricey but you will not be dissapointed in the sound or performance. I have that system on my car and love it.
Hope this helps.
Chuck

If you want to stay stock (appearing) go with the rjc 3" 304 stainless system. It's a little pricey but you will not be dissapointed in the sound or performance. I have that system on my car and love it.
Hope this helps.
Chuck

I'm considering this kit myself.

I swapped my factory exhaust and catyltic convertor for the Hooker 2.5" system and testpipe.Very pleased with the quick spool up time and sound.Really woke the car up.

My friend has the ATR 3" exhaust system, very similar to the RJC 3" exhaust it's 12 years old and still looks like the day he bought it.I have a Pypes aluminized exhaust system,its 6 years old and rusting from the inside out it sound good but I will be replacing it with the RJC 3" system this year.Do yourself a favor and get a 304 stainless steel exhaust system it's a little more expensive but you will never have to replace it.

304 stainless is definitely the way to go,wish I did,live and learn I guess

i have the hooker. cant beat the price, sounds good and quick spool up.

And they drone you out of the car at 2000-2500 rpm i couldn't stand mine i have a Hooker center section with Magnaflow mufflers and it's much quieter than before

And ours is "prettier" too. Don't think the others are polished are they? Almost too nice to put under a car. Only downside is endlink interference with the HR parts rear sway bar but will work fine with traditional sway bars. I am sure there is a way to modify the end links for the HR bar to work with it just never got around to trying it.

Plenty of choices out there, pick the one that suits you best. I have had TWO sets of Hookers on my car in the first 12 years of owning my GN so that should tell you something right there.

If your keeping the car long term spend the extra money and go stainless.My hooker system I had on my car for 5 years and it started getting holes from the race gas.ATRs and RJCs and Marks TR custom parts are the 3 best IMHO.I have ATRs on 3 of my 4 cars the other has a hooker