Who runs 50/50 and why?

Iron Indian

I was just wondering, who here runs 50/50 meth/water and why? I don't seem to see many people who run this mixture, most run 100%.

Looking for some input, thanks...

I was just wondering, who here runs 50/50 meth/water and why? I don't seem to see many people who run this mixture, most run 100%.

Looking for some input, thanks...
99% here DO NOT RUN 50/50!!
Because mixing 50/50 only works HALF as good! ;) But honestly it depends on the kit, goals and set up of your car.

Scot W.

They love the risk of blowing up the motor. Kinda like Russian roulette, same concept. Wanna play? :biggrin: :biggrin:

I have a SMC kit and I run 50/50 for several reasons, I feel its’ a little safer (lower flash point that 100% alcohol / methanol,) also it’s a little less expensive, and I thinks the water( steam) helps with cleaning the combustion chamber. You don’t make as much H/P with a 50/50 mix, but that’s what the boost is for;) I just got the kit to keep detonation to zero

Also has to do with tuning. The GTP's dont have an Eric Marshall or Bob Bailey.

50/50 doesnt need that much tuning, but has limits as you get too aggressive, you can hydro the motor=cracked pistons. Problem you wont have with methanol.

Also the OBDII computer on the L67's can get weird when you start pulling out a lot of fuel from the injectors.. remember it controls transmission functions.

The newer LS1's dont suffer from this.. dont know if its L67 specific issue.

And the system has to be and handle 100% methanol.