who makes the best fitting bumper fillers

I painted and very easily installed one of Mike's rear fillers on a board members' car with nothing more than opening up the mounting holes a little bit. The fitment was perfect.

I've heard nothing but positive feed back on SpoolFool2's front fillers.

Brian Weaver from G body makes the best ones it just like the originals Flexible and durable and a last more than 30 years

seek out cheap used originals..i tried messing with those so called flexible plastic repops. i didn't like the poor body line bottom fender of those repops. just my experience.

Miked126 said:
thats where i bought the ones i have now and they dont fit at all

Are you talking about the fiberglass one They do take a little bit of work to fit but I'm not talking about those I'm talking about the new one that he is selling They are just like the original ones They fit great

ALETTOCO said:
Brian Weaver from G body makes the best ones it just like the originals Flexible and durable and a last more than 30 years

X2

Not the fiberglass ones, but the ones that are designed like the originals. Both me and my body shop loved them, easy to fit and look just like the stock ones.

I just recieved my front fillers from mike and the quality is top notch. I'll have them installed in a few weeks also the black gel coat would pass for new black paint on most cars.

I have Gbody's new fillers as well, not the old fiberglass ones - fit great out of the box. My bodyman really liked them as he did nothing but paint them and didn't have to do any bodywork/fitting on them.

I would get the fronts from Highway Stars and then choose a set of rears from another source. If I recall correctly, Glen managed to find the original GM molds for the front. The rear molds have not been found and may be gone forever.

I would get the fronts from Highway Stars and then choose a set of rears from another source. If I recall correctly, Glen managed to find the original GM molds for the front. The rear molds have not been found and may be gone forever.
Actually build the molds off the originals factory NOS units. ;)
You can not be sold an original mold from GM. I learned this dealing with Trim parts in Ohio on the front Buick grill emblem.

Actually build the molds off the originals factory NOS units. ;)
You can not be sold an original mold from GM. I learned this dealing with Trim parts in Ohio on the front Buick grill emblem.
I'm sure you are right on that. Didn't mean to make it sound like he owned them. He's just authorized by GM to use them under some kind of license agreement.

Well I think that is great. I wasn't knocking Glen on what he is building. There are enough vehicles out there that need fillers that there is room & options for every one. We chose thru Richard Clark's influence to improve over the factory fillers. My original set I received had the same mixture almost as the GM unit. Very soft & flexable. We just decided to produce a filler that was tested & is suppose to have a 30+ year life expectancy after testing. When Mike came out with those Glass fillers I wanted to carry them & complemented him on producing a hi quality glass filler, Finally ;.

There are tons of options & price ranges out there for every owner. I can tell you there must be 100 threads That ask who has the best fillers? I think when this question is asked it should be made a sticky.

Who makes the best Fiberglass
Who makes the best plastic.
Who makes the most original style, If Glen uses the TPO TPUR correct mix compound like the originals he will have the most original style there.
We should actually have a sticky on every filler out there being produced in the restoration section. This is a very common question. I know I have posted my opinions on ABS & Fiberglass units out there in the past several times. Then people could post their opinion on that filler. Just a thought.

I had went thru an experience where I was trying to be sold a GM mold & it isn't legal to do that. I was actually just throwing this out there in case any one ever went thru the same situation.