Who makes DP's now

trbochV6

Gotta Luv It!!!!
Since ATR are now bottoms up, who are the manufacturers of DP now? TH is one I know.

trbochV6 said:
Since ATR are now bottoms up, who are the manufacturers of DP now? TH is one I know.
------------------------------
TH, if you mean Terry Houston, is no longer making downpipes, and hasn't been for some time. I believe Red Armstrong of Quad Air has a dimensionally identical twin of the THDP being made, and I think that Brian Weaver of GBodyParts might be coming out soon with their own version of the no longer existing ATR downpipe. Red Armstrong does biz by telephone only, no E-mail or computer service, and Brian Weaver of GBodyParts is an advertiser and supporter on this site.

Wells said:
TH, if you mean Terry Houston, is no longer making downpipes, and hasn't been for some time. I believe Red Armstrong of Quad Air has a dimensionally identical twin of the THDP being made, and I think that Brian Weaver of GBodyParts might be coming out soon with their own version of the no longer existing ATR downpipe. Red Armstrong does biz by telephone only, no E-mail or computer service, and Brian Weaver of GBodyParts is an advertiser and supporter on this site.

Why did he stop? I know it was a bit tragedy for TR owners when ATR died, but Terry is iconic with the buick community.. A sad day for sure. :frown:

Lee Thompson has 2 brand new 3.5" dp's for sell.....fits stock headers, ac delete, and you must use an external gate.

Wells said:

You are totally wrong or misformed
Terry Houston known as Houston Performance Pipes (HPP) exists
Terry is in prison, but his family has kept the business alive making THDP's using the orginal Jigs & quality Mandrel Bent Stainless Steel, They have a perfect fit & use a internal wastegate
I have sold a few of the Awesome Quality Pipes recently, just check the FeedBack Section
email me if a 3" or 3.5" is desired
FRED
turbobuick2@yahoo.com

3" ss down pipes

We have 60 polished units in stock as of today. Only delay we are facing is finishing up the test pipes.2 weeks max I'm told.Dump pipes will be 2 weeks after that.

We have them test fitted on an 86 GN with a PT-70 to an 84 T with 144K with an 87 all original drive trane conversion.Fit like a glove. Just wanted to cover our bases & make sure there were no fitment problems from a wide variety of Buicks.

My webmaster should have pics & clearance measurements up today or at the latest this weekend. We did extend the elbow longer then ATR & straightened out a few of the bends.Point A to B is the same as the ATR Downpipe. Better descriptions & pics will be on the site.

Bweavy said:
We have 60 polished units in stock as of today. Only delay we are facing is finishing up the test pipes.2 weeks max I'm told.Dump pipes will be 2 weeks after that.

We have them test fitted on an 86 GN with a PT-70 to an 84 T with 144K with an 87 all original drive trane conversion.Fit like a glove. Just wanted to cover our bases & make sure there were no fitment problems from a wide variety of Buicks.

My webmaster should have pics & clearance measurements up today or at the latest this weekend. We did extend the elbow longer then ATR & straightened out a few of the bends.Point A to B is the same as the ATR Downpipe. Better descriptions & pics will be on the site.

So you are making an internal or external setup? Right now, I have a Mease DP and the puck got jacked up somehow. It doesnt seal for crap. Now is there a way to replace the puck assembly? Maybe to a larger one? I really wouldnt want to stick this in the recycle bin just for a part that is a bit bigger than a quarter. :mad:

tbirdv6 said:
You are totally wrong or misformed
Terry Houston known as Houston Performance Pipes (HPP) exists
Terry is in prison, but his family has kept the business alive making THDP's using the orginal Jigs & quality Mandrel Bent Stainless Steel, They have a perfect fit & use a internal wastegate
I have sold a few of the Awesome Quality Pipes recently, just check the FeedBack Section email me if a 3" or 3.5" is desired FRED rbobuick2@yahoo.com
-------------------------
I have heard that is no longer the case, that his family is no longer making THDP's, so maybe his family is selling undelivered THDP's. And I know where Terry houston is, and why he's there, and I don't think that it does any good to elobrate and drag his & his family's name through the mud over what happened. It is unfortunate for the Buick community regardless. He made top-notch stuff. And I have heard that Red Armstrong is using the same tinsmith for his downpipes.

Bweavy said:
We have 60 polished units in stock as of today.

Does this mean that if I want to use your new pipe with a cat that you can ship today??? (fingers crossed)

I think the seturbo.com website has been down for quite some time...the ones that Mease is selling look pretty good MPEFAB.com and the price seems pretty reasonable....

ahaer said:
Does this mean that if I want to use your new pipe with a cat that you can ship today??? (fingers crossed)

What length Cat do you have? 3" I'm assuming as well.
With 70 cars here under roof & different cats I'm at this point convinced there were 5 different after market lengths used over the years. I'm thinking we will have to supply a cat that will match our length. Nice part is on our down pipe we built it so 3" + can be removed to shorten up the length of the down pipe.

trbochV6 said:
So you are making an internal or external setup? Right now, I have a Mease DP and the puck got jacked up somehow. It doesnt seal for crap. Now is there a way to replace the puck assembly? Maybe to a larger one? I really wouldnt want to stick this in the recycle bin just for a part that is a bit bigger than a quarter. :mad:

I actually have a few 2 piece Mease pipes here from when he stuck Me & Jim Accardi on a few bad units. I do have complete puck assemblies that I can sell you.
I guess that answered your first question??? ;)

ahaer:
I do NOT have a new cat. I need the down pipe AND a cat

Andy that is what I'm doing tonight getting an exact length Hi-flow cat that will be reasonably priced. We have an account with A-tech.I'm Going through their site now finding a hi-quality correct length cat. Test pipe & dump pipes aren't a problem.They are being built. Test pipes will arrive first.Once I find out what length 3" hi flow cats will work I'll post.Hopefully that will save you guys some $ if it is already on your car.

Wells said:
-------------------------
I have heard that is no longer the case, that his family is no longer making THDP's, so maybe his family is selling undelivered THDP's. And I know where Terry houston is, and why he's there, and I don't think that it does any good to elobrate and drag his & his family's name through the mud over what happened. It is unfortunate for the Buick community regardless. He made top-notch stuff. And I have heard that Red Armstrong is using the same tinsmith for his downpipes.

you are very mis-informed ,know the facts before making statements,
The orginal THDP exists & are still available, check out the feedback section of how many people that have received his pipes!!
FRED

There's a pipe in the 4sale section for 595 i think...

Simple%20Supply%20and%20Demand.jpg

tbirdv6 said:
you are very mis-informed ,know the facts before making statements, The orginal THDP exists & are still available, check out the feedback section of how many people that have received his pipes!!
FRED
My statement said that I had heard, not that it was a fact.
Just because there are still TH down pipes for sale and they are still available does not mean that they are still being manufactured. And the quantity of people that have received his downpipes only means that at one time a lot of pipes were made. Does not offer any verification that they still are being manufactured. When is the last that you have talked to his family as to whether they are still making the pipes, or whether they are having the pipes made by somebody else with the original tooling and reselling them.