Who made this?

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Well this is on one of the cars i'm buying and would like to know who made this! Iv'e never seen anything like it before on a buick.

It also has an old ATR cold air intake
It also has a specially made shroud for the back of the intercooler so it Pulls more air.

I'm guessing it might all be made from ATR. ( ??? )

I'm transfering a complete drivetrain into a rosewood T-type and this rearend will be going in it also... :)

*** If anyone knows who made this and if they actually worked, Please let me know! ***

Thank you!
Scot w.

How would you adjust pinion angle with that setup?
I have no clue! I'm sure it was something used back in the early stages of up-grades. I'm not going for setting the pinion angle anyway. I plan on bead blasting everything and painting it and re-installing it.

I'm just curious who made it..

Scot W.

it would be my guess that an aftermarket upgrade company made that!:D

your welcome!

When i first purchased my 86 T-type it had one of those on it. My car was a test chicken for A.T.R. back when they were still out here in Cali. It was definately an A.T.R. piece unless they bought it from someone else and sold it under their name? Mine was incomplete, missing the piece that looks like a 3rd gen Camaro tourque arm so i never got to try it out. It was cadium plated and it girdled the rear end cover area with longer bolts thru the thick plate and the cover.

Back then when i got my car i remember talking to the owner of A.T.R (Phil?) about it but i can't remember the conversation. :confused:

Is it the old ATR Torque Tube? Kind of hard to tell from those photos but that would be my guess.

Where does the front of the torque am attach? Pics please. I've never seen one like. Jon Hanson

Is it the old ATR Torque Tube? Kind of hard to tell from those photos but that would be my guess.

Jay,

I am pretty sure you are right.
Chris Chow has one of these laying around in his collection.

Looks like an aftermarket alternative to the "GNX" suspension, at least in concept. Pretty cool...

Did the front of the torque arm attach to the tranny mount?
Not sure! I can't remember but I will check it out.

It is a pretty beafy set up for sure!

I just wondered if anyone ever had one on there car and how it worked.

It also has a specially made shroud for the back of the intercooler so it Pulls more air.

I'm guessing it might all be made from ATR. ( ??? )

Scott,
Could you post up a pic or two of the intercooler 'shroud'? I think I may have just bought one of these, new and still in the packaging, and it has no install instructions whatsoever. Would like to see pics to determine how (or if ?) to install this contraption...

see here: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/250246-atr-intercooler-mod-kit.html

Thanks!! :)

scott send me your address and i'll send you a can of rustolem!!! :eek:

Don't act like you don't have 3 or 4 of those on your car! :eek: :biggrin:

Edit: Holy crap that IS rusty. Looks like they dragged up some of the metal from the Titanic and used it!