Who knew the Starions were faster than GNs?

"im trying to sell or trade for a truck, bike or trans am.".....
Then he goes on to say... "will trade for any year model pontiac firebird or trans am/formula as long as its a v8."

Well since he's asking $2500 for it, I'd be inclinced to email and offer a trade for my "bike"...its a Schwinn :D
And since its such a bad car, he wouldn't be interested in trading for a slower v6 TTA since it has the Buick motor :rolleyes:

Couldn't resist :smile:

The Conquest and Starion were cool but I'd rather have the 1984 Dodge M4S prototype sports coupe (400hp) from the movie "The Wraith". I know you guys remember that movie. BTW check out the GTA style rims on it :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbs5jpnx1l4[/YOUTUBE]

As president of a local chapter of the SDAC, I am required to own that movie on DVD and watch it at least once per calendar year. :p

Oh, and there's a Starion here in Lincoln that I believe would give many of you guys some serious competition. :wink:

Untitled Document

And trust me, he knows how to drive that thing too.

I am personally familiar and invested with the Sutherland District Athletics Club and I would expect no less..

Sutherland District Athletics Club

GO Bankstown!!!

(I have no idea what SDAC stands for and this was the first thing that came up on Google.

By the way, how did that four cylinder make it's peak horsepower and torque under 5000 rpms?

:tongue:

Shelby Dodge Automobile Club.

Shelby Dodge Auto Club

As for the Interceptor, I believe it made about 450 HP, but I don't know at what RPM. By today's standards (given that it was a twin cam, twin turbo), that's a pretty weak power number, but it was very impressive for the early '80s.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Starion/Conquest. I have always wanted one. I took issue with this guy claiming that they outrun GNX's.

I bought a new Starion in the first model year. It ran OK but wasn't particularly fast. The thing I remember most were the awful seats- I felt crippled after an hour behind the wheel.

However, the car received it's just reward before it was 2 years old. A drunk kid staggered out of a party next door and took an instant liking to the Starion. After using a brick to break the moonroof and driver's side window (not to mention using the brick on the entire body), he got in for a little ride. After trashing the interior looking for the keys which obviously weren't in the car, he came across my .38 revolver hidden under the seat. Well now, he thought, isn't this a swell turn of events! So, he sat in the drivers seat and blew out the side window, shot a couple through the passenger door, shot the front of the neighbor's house, and with his drunk eyes blazing, put the last one through the neighbor's front window. After the last shot, a buddy and I effected a "citizen's arrest" on the young man. Fortunatly for him, the police arrived before we had time to fully interrogate him :D.

After the Starion was patched and painted, I immediately sold it to someone
who wanted to give it a good home. I think I would have been much happier with a Turbo Buick :p.

:tongue:

Shelby Dodge Automobile Club.

Shelby Dodge Auto Club

As for the Interceptor, I believe it made about 450 HP, but I don't know at what RPM. By today's standards (given that it was a twin cam, twin turbo), that's a pretty weak power number, but it was very impressive for the early '80s.
Dont forget the fact that the (interceptor not the starion lol) car went 200 mph or dang close to it!!!!!!! Using early 80s technology.. The wraith is awesome and btw i still got some t2 turbo dodge stuff if you know anyone interested...

I would love to get my hands on a Conquest TSI (the Chrysler version). Someone on this board has one that's just as mean if not meaner than the average TR on here.

agree, the tsi did have a mean stance, and was a good performance car, if i find one in florida , i would really think about buying one.