Who knew the Starions were faster than GNs?

Actually, they were faster than a TR back then. :eek: They would top out around 140+ where the Buick was limited to 125. But there is no question as to which car would get down the 1/4 mile quicker. :wink:

Actually, they were faster than a TR back then. :eek: They would top out around 140+ where the Buick was limited to 125. But there is no question as to which car would get down the 1/4 mile quicker. :wink:

It is hard to imagine where you would have to go to find a road where you could go wot for the 15 minutes required to get a Starion up to 140+. I guess I was considering 0-60 or quarter mile performance. In that case, I think a Civic would "outrun" most of the cars on this board.:biggrin:

It is hard to imagine where you would have to go to find a road where you could go wot for the 15 minutes required to get a Starion up to 140+. I guess I was considering 0-60 or quarter mile performance. In that case, I think a Civic would "outrun" most of the cars on this board.:biggrin:

That some funny stuff right der! lol

Was browsing local craigslist adds when I came across this:

87 mitsubishi starion turbo rwd 5spd
those cars respond to tuning tweaks just like or better then a GN.
back in the day there was one that would shut Fountain Ave down when he got to the line because no one wanted to race him not domestic and not the imports. Look up Sakura a Mirage based out of PR they whir running 50 plus PSI on the OE starion Block.
i also got smack down a few times by a coworker that owned a Starion and i had a Turbo II RX7

Wasn't the GNX's speed trapped at 145? Out of the Factory(ASC)?
GNXs don't count

those cars respond to tuning tweaks just like of better then a GN.
back in the there was one that would shut Fountain Ave down we he got to the line because no one wanted to race him not domestic and not the imports. Look up Sakura a Mirage based out of PR they whir running 50 plus PSI on the OE starion Block.
i also got smack down a few times by a coworker that owned a Starion and i had a Turbo II RX7

GNXs don't count

Cool info.. But the advertisement mentioned "buick gnx"..

I would love to get my hands on a Conquest TSI (the Chrysler version). Someone on this board has one that's just as mean if not meaner than the average TR on here.

I would love to get my hands on a Conquest TSI (the Chrysler version). Someone on this board has one that's just as mean if not meaner than the average TR on here.

Ive had two of them. An '87 and a '88. Not exactly the best car to get into/out of if your 6"+ like me. Was a fun car though. My '87 was a 5-speed and a blast to drive. Handled well but they're heavy. I did a couple basic fixes and tweaks and it rans good. I sold it to get my WH-1 back in early 2004.

faster

Back then neither would get to those speeds because they both would spit the cranks out the bottom. Fortunately for us girdles helper our little motors out. The starion's/conquest normally needed an engine swap :biggrin:

Man, there was a TSI forsale locally just recently, wish I'da known somebody'd have interest here.. I got PO'd and didn't even stop cuz he'd recently taken the factory wheels off it before the sale sign went in.:rolleyes:

I liked em in the day, had a whole bunch of turbo'd Mopar's, but never did get around to owning a TSI....

The Conquest Tsi's are really nice. Kinda like a poor mans Porsche 924. I would NOT mind owning one. I heard that they are a biotch with all the vacuum lines though. I actually saw one at a show once that was pretty nice and the kid was like 'I'll trade you for the GN', then I realized how much I did like my car better though.

I almost got my dad to buy me a 1983 Dodge Challenger 2 door with the automatic transmission and the Mitsu based 4 cylinder engine..it had that dark gray and black houndstooth insert leather seat system and a nifty paint job, it was a black car with gold pinstripes and what my dad called "Iron Cross" wheels (4 spokes with slots in middle) lol. it was $500 at the time, still see it around by another kid, who treats her good. I figured that someone could put in a 86 or newer Mitsu truck motor in it, and turbo it and it'd be rather quick. wasnt the Challenger in 83 a rebadged Starion/Conquest?

ok..i just clickedo n the link. durrrrr. so what was the 83 Challenger's Mitsu basis?

at first i thought it was maybe a 4 lug FOX mustang, till i saw the "DODGE" badging...

The Conquest and Starion were cool but I'd rather have the 1984 Dodge M4S prototype sports coupe (400hp) from the movie "The Wraith". I know you guys remember that movie. BTW check out the GTA style rims on it :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbs5jpnx1l4[/YOUTUBE]