who has run a 26" and a 28" tire back to back

Amelio

I am curious to know who has run these two size tires at the track with little to no other mods done to your car. other than doing calculations on where the rpm and mph will be which do you prefer and why?

I am currently running a 26" and I am getting a set of 28" soon just curious to hear.

I have ran both on a stock car and preferred the 28x9 over the 26. The cars have plenty of torque for the larger size and the contact patch would be larger for the launch. Getting low 1.7 sixty foots and 7.7s in the eighth mile would be a good goal for a stock vehicle.

I ran both back to back. I didnt pick up much if anything. I had to launch at 2-3lbs more boost to get the same 60fts. When I got new tires this time I went with the 255/60/15 MT DRs. 27X9s I believe. Around town I did not like the 275/60s(28X9) at all. The car was a lot more sluggish. So depending on what turbo/TC you have it will vary. My car is just a bolt on car just as a FYI. So the results will vary depending on your set up.

yeah these tires are the 28" in the Mickey T DR.....I currently run a 26" Nitto DR on the street......the 28"'s will be track only. I also have a set of the MickeyT's on my vette they hook very good but are horrible in wet conditions. I dont drive either of my cars in the rain but I drive the GN a lot more and have been caught in the rain a few times.

I like the 28" for the extra side wall on launching....I am sure my combo makes plenty of tq to pull itself through a good 60' with the extra 2" I was able to pull a 1.69 on the nitto's so I am sure the Mikey T's will be good I am a lil curious on how it will change the mph on the big end.

Well I have ran the 255/60 15 Mt radials and been a best 60ft of a 1.44 my average is 1.48. I tried the 275/60/ 15 and they only thing it changed was the rpm by 300. The mph didn't go up . The 60 stayed the same .

The Mt 275 are taller than the hoosier 275 .

Had a problem dead hooking toting a tire or blowing the tires off with a te-60 an the 26's MT DR's

I run a 275/50/15 on the street its just tick under 26" I just installed a PTC converter and the car will not hook anywhere in 1st either from a dead stop no stall or rolling....:D which is fun but wont help the 60' at the track plus I am not running much boost at all so it will definitely be a problem launching I am gonna continue to run the 26" on the street its just I am getting a great deal on the 28" from a board member and was curious to how much it will change the car.......from what you guys have seen it seems like it should work well for me.

I used to run 275/50/15 MT DRs when they wre 8 years old I still got low 1.5X 60ft at the track. Launched at 5lbs of boost. 0 Pump Vig and a 6765DBB. With the new 255/60/15 MT DRs I launched at 8lbs and got a 1.41 60ft.

I used to run 275/50/15 MT DRs when they wre 8 years old I still got low 1.5X 60ft at the track. Launched at 5lbs of boost. 0 Pump Vig and a 6765DBB. With the new 255/60/15 MT DRs I launched at 8lbs and got a 1.41 60ft.

WOW!!!! that is gettin done:cool:

you doing that off foot brake? that is awesome 60'.....how much boost you running through the back door? I will be happy with a low 1.6 60' I think its possible maybe even a high 1.5 leaving with some boost....... my best so far has been a 1.69 with a 26" tire leaving on 5psi but only 16psi total and that was prior to my converter......now the car comes out so much better and the converter is working great I can not wait until the track opens back up to see how it acts.

We found a 26 inch slick worked well on a stock 3.42 rear end all day.

It was only after going to a 9 inch Ford rear with 3.88 gears that the 28 inch slicks were necessary.

I do think it has more to do with gear ratios you are running than anything else.