Who has a 1 DIN (standard size) aftermarket stereo installed?

robk46

I'm looking for a new stereo, but the Pioneer 1 1/2 DIN systems are about 100 bucks more expensive than a similiar stereo in a 1 DIN size. Before I buy a 1 DIN and an adapter kit, I'd like to see what they look like in our dash. This is for an '86 GN. Thanks!

Mine

Tuff choice. I have had and liked the pioneer too.

Attachments

• radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 184
Tuff choice. I have had and liked the pioneer too.

Use the AI GM-K444 GM multi kit but stock radio brackets needed.

The pic shown looks is with the wrong mounting kit. The location behind the radio is enough to flush the radio inside more flush with dash and not sticking out about an inch (ugly :eek: )

what are you looking to spend on a stereo ? i know where you can get the pioneer 1 1/2 din stereos for 179-199 depending on which model you want

Here's a bad shot of my 1993 Kenwood top of the line pre-amp. CD changer unit I bought at the end of 1994 on sale from Crutchfield, came with the install kit free.

No issues with it, don't remember what brackets were used, maybe the stockers. :confused:

image.jpg

Yeah I know it's a bit cluttered. :p

PS: It's got a great remote control which is on the console, easy to use.

I'd stick with the stock style CD player from a late 90s Blazer, and add some great speakers/amps/MP3 adapters. I've had a car or 2 broken into with aftermarket head units, but never have had any theft problems with stock-style radios.

Easy fit, too.....