White Racing E85 FlexFuel GN (Oct 09 HotRod)

ramaxon1

I am very happy running a true FlexFuel system that was installed and calibrated by White Racing & Marine. They built the entire powertrain in the car and it is a great daily driver with A/C. It runs in the low 10's and has great street manners.

Dan White has my BigStuff3 system for sale since we went with the FAST for true FlexFuel capability.

The car is currently featured in the Oct 2009 issue of HotRod on page 88.

Give Dan White a call at 586-756-3026 if you have tech questions.

Can Whites system be used with a stock computer?

Only the FAST system worked with the GM sensor for true FlexFuel capability. BigStuff3 never supported FlexFuel for the Turbo Buicks so we ditched it and went to the FAST system and it works awesome.

I am very happy running a true FlexFuel system that was installed and calibrated by White Racing & Marine. They built the entire powertrain in the car and it is a great daily driver with A/C. It runs in the low 10's and has great street manners.

Dan White has my BigStuff3 system for sale since we went with the FAST for true FlexFuel capability.

The car is currently featured in the Oct 2009 issue of HotRod on page 88.

Give Dan White a call at 586-756-3026 if you have tech questions.

Hey, I was reading that article (and got very excited I might add) and I was going to run strictly E-85, but now I would like to do the FLEXFUEL deal so that I don't have to worry about my mixtures etc. Could I ask how your kit was put together? I will be running the XFI as well with a fuel cell in the trunk. How did you plumb the sensor in? Any tips or help would be appreciated. Even though I am sure you will tell me to call White Racing.:biggrin: Just curious if you could give us a quick overall setup description.

Rich,
Can you give us some more details on what White did to your car to run E85. Still have the stock gas tank? Fuel supply/return lines? Pump and filter? Do you have a separate fuel system for E85? Share everything you can with us. Thanks.
Conrad

Youre gonna need to sell a kidney to have White Racing do anything for you. They have some neat stuff and its priced accordingly.

Guys and Gals,
Check out the first stickey in this Forum (E85)..."Fuel Sensor and XFI". Should answer your questions on using the GM fuel sensor with FAST. The biggest problem appears to get a GM fuel sensor at a reasonable price.
Conrad
Hot Air

I guess my main question is: Can this be plumbed into the return line? To me this would be better as you don't have the high pressure that you would with the feed line, therefore having less of a chance for a hose to come off.

I would think you would be ok to locate the sensor in the return line. I'm running an Aeromotive A1000 external pump and will put my sensor in the suction line between the tank and the pump. Let usknow how it works out for you. Perhaps Rich will tell us where White put his sensor....he is running an in-tank double pumper.
Conrad
"Hot Air"

Ok, another question, how would you control boost? Obviously you could run more boost with E85 as opposed to putting 93 in. Is there some kind of boost control tied into the XFI???

I still don't understand how that pertains to controlling boost with respect to your E85 mix. If your running E85 and 30 psi and then you go to the station and fill up completely on 93, obviously you cant run 30psi on 93, so the only way to truly do this is to have your XFI compensate for the fuel mixture and then "Guess" and manually turn the boost down to whatever you think is necessary???:confused:

Does anyone have the price of the White Racing kit referenced in the article?

I've looked at the website, but it's a bit of a scattershot and they don't list prices. I'm running XFI + E85 and am interested in this setup and what it offers beyond the GM flexfuel sensor that's been referenced elsewhere.

Thanks,
Scott

I've looked at the website, but it's a bit of a scattershot and they don't list prices. I'm running XFI + E85 and am interested in this setup and what it offers beyond the GM flexfuel sensor that's been referenced elsewhere.

Thanks,
Scott

Thanks,
Scott

They are EXPENSIVE!