Whick knock sensor should I believe?

BRAD_PADGETT

I have a Caspers knock gauge( the light type) and a Scanmaster 2 installed as well. The Caspers flashes knock but the scanmaster shows no knock . For example- The Caspers will go up and show knock but the Scanmaster does not. Check my mods as I am in final tune. What is the most reliable knock gauge? Thanks- Brad

Thanks ES1. I am in my final adjustments with the waste gate actuator. I want to make sure that I stay in the safe zone and need to adjust and test...test with the right gauge. I am very close-probally only one half turn longer on the waste gate actuator rod. Thanks- Brad

I found that I like my Casper's audio alarm, the instant that it goes off, I'm off the gas. And when you stump the gas on these cars, sometimes you don't have time to check the gages..... I need all my attention on the road.

Thanks 84- I am going to switch to the audible knock gauge ASAP. I have spent a alot of money getting this hot air rolling(It does haul a**). I just do not want to blow it up. I have blown one up and my current motor is too nice. I want a safe setup which is fast. Thanks- Brad

You also need to ascertain real from false knock.

Exhuast hitting the frame will cuase the knock sensor to go off.. but its not detonation.

Having a fuel curve issue will cuase knock as well.. if it leans out in one spot for instance and not WOT it can cuase real knock. So monitorig air fuel helps ascertain this.. hard to do with a single wire O2 sensor.. a wideband becomes invaluable..

HTH

BRAD_PADGETT said:
Razor- Where do I get a wideband 02 sensor? Thanks- Brad

Mine comes with my aftermarket computer. The Innovate XD1 and LM1 are neat tools..

HTH

What model should I get for my ECM? What will it do for me? What model number? Will this help eliminate false knock? Thanks for any input. Brad

The wideband o2 is just a tuning tool. It will not remove knock of any kind but will help determine why you are getting knock. It gives you the air to fuel ratio.

Jason