which wideband, innovative or aem?

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
Done a search, seems to be mixed reviews. I got an offer from a guy I know that has an innovative xd-16 he bought new, said he'd sell it to me for 50 bucks. He couldn't figure out how to calibrate it so he just bought an aem after he got his car finished. So are these innovative ones no good for meth injection or just plain junk in general? He's offered to let me try before I buy. So with that being said, does anyone know exactly how to set up a innovative xd-16?

AEM is nice too. I used both PLX and AEM. Both are good and easy to install.

The AEM with the built in UEGO gauge was a piece of cake to install. Down by the brake pedal, there was an unused hole in the firewall that the plug can feed through- just remove the big plug filling the hole and get a big grommet to keep the wire safe. The AEM can use a regular $75 replacement wide band sensor easily available at parts stores. I don't have experience with other widebands.

By the looks of it the plx has logging capabilities and built in alarm. Can anyone tell me more about this? Also would like to know how to set up the innovative xd-16. I might just buy both since the innovative is so cheap.

I have also been debating between the AEM and PLX. How far after the turbo does the O2 bung need to be welded?

I have used the innovative lc1 through my data logger with no problems for 2 years with multiple tanks of leaded fuel. still reads fine, but was a pain to install. Not as simple as the aem.

I installed the aem and was easy install, thought the gauge would be distracting but really isn't. Seems to work well, went to Nicks dyno day and when hooked up, dyno was reading same afr as gauge was.

bosch sensor wont operate under extreme heat
mount bung down near last bend of downpipe under car

I use exclusively Innovate, but it does take a little more effort to install. a little.

The XD-16 is awesome, fully adjustable, and totally worth $50. if you don't want it, I'll buy it haha.

I've said this before, but instrumentation is only as good as it's calibration. Yes, calibrating the sensor in the LC1 is a pain, but I would prefer that over one I cannot calibrate. Heard very good things about the PLX, as it is a very professional setup, but that costs more $$$.

They all work! anything is better than tuning with the narrowband!

Just picked up an autometer setup, haven't installed it yet so we'll see...Mike