which wideband, innovative or aem?

If anyone is looking for a basic and accurate WB set up consider our TT-1. It it doesn't have a gauge or fancy data logging. The costs for that instead went into the electronic components to be sure that it is accurate and reliable. It uses the common Bosch 17014 sensor that is readily available in the states.

No need for free air calibration, has two analog outputs that are user programmable via a USB interface to your laptop/PC.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Just picked up an autometer setup, havent installed it yet, hopefully it'll work good...Mike

AEM, easy. And easy doesn't mean inaccurate. Mine is consistent with every dyno probe I've ever used since having it, three of them. I have 30k miles on mine and hundreds of passes. No leaded fuel and I'll change the sensor after 40k miles but Bosch says the sensors are good for 50k. I'm cautious though.

PLX here without any issues, Read a ton of threads about the Innovate and ended up selling mine before I installed it and buying the PLX. I read from too many board members, and a couple local guys too, that said the LC-1 wanted to be free air calibrated, a lot. That requires the removal of the O2 sensor and pushing a button to calibrate and then reinstalling for use. Far too much drama for my schedule! I have integrated the PLX into my powerlogger so I get my wideband readings and knock info displayed on my scanmaster, and I can datalogg with the use of the powerlogger on my laptop. A very nice setup in my opinion, with a really fast data update rate. That's my $.02.

I've been running the LC-1 with the XD-16 gauge for several years... IMHO, they are great when they work... Which mine has always worked..... But I think there are plenty that have had issues with theirs and I read a lot if people griping about the lack of technical support.... I'd try it for $50.... They have some pretty cool features and you can data log them with a laptop....if you aren't running a power logger.

On a related note, I've also seen the AEM on a customers car and it seemed to work fine as well.

No powerlogger, probably won't ever get one either unless I start going to the track that's an hour away

On the LC-1 do you have to let it Calibrate before starting the engine each time or is it ok to let it Calibrate while the engine is running? I read some where if u let it Calibrate before u start it up it will be more Accurate.

Everytime My Lc1 has needed recalabrated it was very obvious as the numbers were way off. Also you do not need to remove the o2 sensor in order to recalabrate per the instructions that can with it,As long as the car has had a chance to cool down or before start up you can recalabrate without removal. Again,others are more simplistic in function and hookup,but my lc1 has not gave me a bit of trouble.

I turn the key on, let it warm up and when it shows 21 on the gauge for ambient air I start the car.

AFX_unit.jpg
FLAWLESS

AEM with the analog gauge that reads 8.5 to 18 was simple to hookup and no calibration needed and works great. It was also the lowest priced of all the major brands. I bought it off ebay for $156.00 shipped.

I have an digital AutoMeter Wideband a little pricy but I wanted the digital and also to fit into the bottom of the gauge Pillar Pod, and it also works great.
Here are some pictures with the spec. and installation.

Attachments

• Picture 248.jpg
    Picture 248.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 139
  • 87 GN 060.jpg
    87 GN 060.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
  • AutoMeter Air-Fuel Gauge Digital.pdf
    447.2 KB · Views: 131
Chiming in late here. I have a PLX and its been straightforward. Works great with PL and im using it for WOT fuel correction. For the price and what you get PLX all day!!!

been following this thread and have read many like it.....I also am in the market to get a wideband. I just installed a PL and a new Scanmaster with the 2.2 chip I got with the PL I love how fast it is...

Will the AEM also read out on the scan master when ran through the PL? I do not want to install another gauge in the car.

Amelio said:
been following this thread and have read many like it.....I also am in the market to get a wideband. I just installed a PL and a new Scanmaster with the 2.2 chip I got with the PL I love how fast it is...

Will the AEM also read out on the scan master when ran through the PL? I do not want to install another gauge in the car.

Yes it will. It has the same analog outputs as the others. I think there is two even if memory serves.