Which wheel to choose?...opinions please...

geee wizzzz claude ,toys,toys toys I went past the border today to pickup transmission parts from CK ,YES the problem with 15 inch is you cant go with big disc brakes ,,,you will need them when you hit the 9ines.:eek:

I like 1 :)
But 3 is nice too

Attachments

• Nitto3.jpg
    Nitto3.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 642
How much are the Billet Specialties?
It seems that the Billet Specialties "Street Lites" are the one getting the most votes! :wink: They're also the ones I'm getting more and more interested in!
On Billet Specialties, the 15"x7" are $242.63 and the 15"x8" are $248.12 and on Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts | 800-230-3030 , the 15" x7" are $229.95 and the 15"x8" are $234.95 . Curiously, they are cheaper at Summit than if you buy them directly from Billet Specialties...:confused: :rolleyes:

Claude.

Larry Hodge has very good deals on the Billet Specialties wheels. I ordered a set, delivery was on time (Fed Ex freight, and he pays the freight). Cheaper than Summit or Jegs. Wheels were double boxed. Hodge is a drag racer and has a great rep with NHRA class racers. He answers the phone himself. I was impressed. Tell him it's for a G body, as there is a difference in the front backspace dimensions (centered 4-inch fronts is what I used).

Website: Larry Hodge Racing Tires and Racing Wheels from Mickey Thompson, Hoosier, and Goodyear

Hope this helps, and I don't have any affiliation with Hodge. I was just really happy with the service.

'Beard

With 15" wheels there aren't many serious brake options.

I got a set of 11 3/4 Aerospaces front and back behind my 15"ers. They are a pretty serious brake. They say they won't fit, get the 10", but they do. Off topic, just saying for future reference

jfitte005.jpg

09400c86.jpg

Larry Hodge has very good deals on the Billet Specialties wheels. I ordered a set, delivery was on time (Fed Ex freight, and he pays the freight). Cheaper than Summit or Jegs. Wheels were double boxed. Hodge is a drag racer and has a great rep with NHRA class racers. He answers the phone himself. I was impressed. Tell him it's for a G body, as there is a difference in the front backspace dimensions (centered 4-inch fronts is what I used).

Website: Larry Hodge Racing Tires and Racing Wheels from Mickey Thompson, Hoosier, and Goodyear

Hope this helps, and I don't have any affiliation with Hodge. I was just really happy with the service.

'Beard

Thanks for passing this info along...:wink: The price for one of their "package deals" (2- 15"x7" fronts and 2- 15"x8" rears) is about $30. less than Summit. BUT I looked at Hodge's site all over and never was able to find where they're from!...Their address isn't posted on their website...strange...:rolleyes: WHY?...:confused:

Claude :smile:

Address on my invoice from Hodge and shipping info was:

Larry Hodge Racing Tires
Box 106
109N. West "A" St.
Laplace, IN 61936

Probably isn't a store front. As pointed out earlier, my stuff came just as described....or you can phone him and find out for yourself. Again, I have nothing to gain. Just passing on how I saved some $$$.

'Beard

THANKS GRAYBEARD ,what would be the back spacing on 7 inch fronts and 8 inch rears with 275 x 60 x 15 mt dr....with the billit spe. on a gn

#3. But by the time I get a set everyone will have them, then I will need to pick something else.

Choice # 3 seems like a no brainer ... :cool:

midwest_meet_037.jpg

These wheels are now available in a 17" size for anyone that cares.

THANKS GRAYBEARD ,what would be the back spacing on 7 inch fronts and 8 inch rears with 275 x 60 x 15 mt dr....with the billit spe. on a gn

Bob, I'm pretty sure that a 15"x7" front wheel with 4" of rear spacing and a 15"x8" wheel for the rear with a rear spacing of 3.5" should be ok...

Claude.